“Lots of room, open, excellent service, good food.”
Review of Buster Crabb

Buster Crabb
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a lovely warm and inviting restaurant. We use all locally sourced product with very generous servings with an emphasis on the meat portion of the meal. Our steaks are 250gms up to the "Donald Trump Choker", which is 500gm and cooked slowly over 20 hours. We use fresh Blue Cod and locally caught wild Venison. Buster Crabb is the best choice
Nelson City, Nelson, New Zealand
“Lots of room, open, excellent service, good food.”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Service is very very good indeed, obviously well trained staff. Nice atmosphere, quite open so not intimate. Food is very good rather than Excellant, all well cooked but ingredients could be better. Seafood just seemed like it was frozen rather than fresh, though I may be wrong.
Really good locally made beer on tap with pommy style pale ale served at correct room temperature which is well done.

Would go again as not disappointed, but might not chose seafood.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Poor standard”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Food and service was great but there is no excuse for chipped plates, unclean toilets no soap and broken taps. Come on buster we expect better

New Zealand
“Great food”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I went for dinner and dessert with family and the food was fantastic. Highly recommended for dinner.

1 Thank Gina C
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Mouth-watering steak and seafood”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

we visited last night for our wedding anniversary. The staff were immediately attentive and remained so for the whole evening. Our drink orders were taken promptly and were topped up regularly. The bar staff were happy to accommodate and make me non-alcoholic cocktails of whatever description I wanted. For entrees we shared the seafood taster (scallops, mussels and prawns sauteed in a creamy sauce) and crispy calamari. Both entrees were huge. The scallops were amazing, perfectly done. We both had steak for our mains, I had filet mignon and husband had ribeye with potato gratin and manuka roasted vegies. Being pregnant, I asked for the steak to be well done. I normally have it medium rare so always a risk for me having well done steak, I tend to find it too chewy and rubbery. This steak was absolutely melt in the mouth, and was cooked right through with no hint of pink. It was nicely charred on the outside. Will definitely come back for the medium rare once baby arrives! I would have to say this is one of the best well done steaks I can recall eating anywhere. After this, we could not fit in any more, so can't comment on the desserts. I have dined here about 5 times before and it has always been pretty good, but this was certainly the best meal I've had here. For a wednesday night it was very busy, and I can see why. Despite the number of people, it was still reasonably atmospheric for two people dining. It may appear pricey for Invercargill, but the food is of a high standard and there is a lot of it so overall I think it is good value. We left our toddler at home, I do not think it would be suited to small children - enjoy the time alone to savour the food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hannah_C368
Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand
“Buster Crab”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Good food with nice surrounds, good service. Will go again and would recommend for a couple or a group

• Visited January 2014