“Finest cuisine in town”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Invercargill
“Finest cuisine in town”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Atmosphere great. Personalised friendly service. Food to die for from a very inviting menu

Visited February 2012

Napier, New Zealand
“Good dinner: plentiful too!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Chose this restaurant from TripAdvisor summaries.
I was a little taken-a-back when I first laid eyes on the site but initial impressions were misleading. And anyway, I came to eat, not look?
Nice home-made cauliflower soup, with garlic bread, almost a meal in itself.
Ordered a steak, cooked just fine, with pok choi & mash but I could not finish the main. Good food but too much for me that night. I doubt you will starve in Duo?
The only negative.... Why is a noisy glass dishwasher in the restaurant section making its unpalatable racket...?
Had a good meal at Duo, the food & wine is cheap compared with Queenstown. I would go back again quite happily (but I'd unplug the washer!).

auckland
“great experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Four of us dinned at Duo and we all found our meals to be delicious. I especially enjoyed my dessert, Creme Brule, it is the best I have tasted. The service was outstanding. Fiona was efficient, friendly and knowledgable about the wines on offer. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming on a cold, windy night. My only gripe it was slighty overpriced but still we felt it was value for money.

• Visited April 2012
invercargill
“not the best”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Food overpriced. Decor old. Not comfortable seating. Food felt like it had been microwaved. Had eel and it was so chewy. Could not even get knife through.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank adele h
Wellington
“The Best Ever!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Ernie and Fiona are the best! Great service and food. Fantastic meals for great value! I often frequent here, probably not as often as I should but it is simply fantastic!!!!!

• Visited February 2012