ASURE Townsman Motor Lodge
Comfort Inn Tayesta(Invercargill)
$96
$89
295 on Tay Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$81
Bavarian Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$67
Invercargill TOP 10 Holiday Park(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
Homestead Villa Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$84
Agoda.com
Queens Park Motels(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$65
Garden Grove Motel(Invercargill)
$78
45 on Avenal(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Room Service
Colonial on Tay(Invercargill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the roadgreat locationtwo single bedsspacious roomstayed herebottle storecity centrefree wifihandy locationvisiting invercargilleasy walking distancestewart islandspa bathdorothysupermarketcountdownmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Tony was very hospitable and showed me to my room. The room was large with a huge plasma. The plasma was on a wall bracket that allowed it to be turned so you could watch it either form the table if you were eating or working and also from the bath but the power cable had been put in to the plastic cable channel on the wall and this did not allow any movement of the plasma unless you unclipped it from the channel.

The bed was a bit bouncy and a couple may have had a bit of partner disturbance but being on my own it didn't matter. The bathroom is a little dated and will need to be upgraded some time soon. I could clearly hear people walking around upstairs.

Good off street parking and free Wi-fi.

Room Tip: Take an upstairs room as you may be able to hear people walking around if downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
townsmanmotorlodge, General Manager at ASURE Townsman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for all your comments on our complex especially about the service which is really appreciated. We are currently in the process of altering and upgrading all the bathrooms here, all should be completed within 2 years time. We also have budgeted to change all the queen beds in the studio apartments over to king sized next year.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again during your next visit to Invercargill.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at the Townsman for one night on January 9th of this year. It was a at the end of a very long drive from Twizel (by way of Queenstown) in the pouring rain. When I got in the room it was a little chilly but Tony (the manager) came down, set up the heater and then later gave me good advice about drive time to Bluff for a side trip the next day. He also told me about what to see while I was there. I was so impressed by his (and his desk clerk's) friendliness and assistance that I stopped by the Townsman on my way back through Invercargill and thanked him for the help before heading on to the Catlans.

One last thing, I had Best Western gift cards from North America to redeem. I was a bit nervous about whether I would be able to use them but he looked up the procedure and put them through with no problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

No problems here: vfm, clean, tidy, extremely spacious room and friendly manager. Wi-fi included and fine. Bags of safe off road parking space. No complaints and certainly fine if you're looking for a place in the town. Just further than a walk from town but only two minutes in the car.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our recent visit to this lovely Motel was such a pleasure. My partner and I stayed four nights in a spacious and comfortable studio appartment we booked on "booking.com" for a great price. We where delighted to find such an open space, beautifuly presented queen bed, comfy sofa, huge flat screen television, seperate little kitchen with everything we needed to enjoy cooking our own meals. I was expecting just a small shower in the bathroom but opened the cute stained glass door to find a small bath tub just for us!! Wonderful shower. The location has got to be one of the best for centrality to town, the park, supermarket etc while being quite quiet. Fabulous dark curtains for holiday sleep-ins. They have wi-fi for $5 for a 24 hour period from 10am-10am. Our hosts and staff where always very professional, repectful and friendly. I would stay here agian and recommend this motel to family and friends.

Room Tip: We asked for a sunny, quiet room. I think being up on the first level was great too. I didn't see the other rooms but room 15 was perfect for a couple :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
townsmanmotorlodge, Manager at ASURE Townsman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

It was nice to meet you both and to have you stay with us here for a few days, many thanks for your complimentary comments which are pleasant to read.
We are looking forward to having you staying with us here again during your next visit to Invercargill.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

About 1k from Dee Street this motel has been refurbished in many parts. Our apartment was a deluxe one bed on first floor. Extremely spacious with a high cathedral ceiling in the living area with two sofas, additional single bed and dining table. The kitchen area had a hob but no oven just microwave. All very clean. Bedroom fine with one bedside table. Bathroom perfectly fine but not state of the art.
We were coming to the end of our tour and decided to stay four nights instead of the scheduled two as we had time to relax and frankly this was the best value for money on our extensive trip. Right opposite Countdown supermarket.
Finally the owner and staff were so helpful and pleasant I don't think you will do better in Invercargill. A complete recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ProblemPage
townsmanmotorlodge, Owner at ASURE Townsman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your generous comments about the property and staff which is very much appreciated.