“Worst Restuarant experience we had in NZ”
Review of Two Chefs Bistro

Two Chefs Bistro
Ranked #19 of 332 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Queensland
“Worst Restuarant experience we had in NZ”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went here because of the reviews and could not believe what happened.
My wife and I ordered entrees which where nothing special at all.
For mains my children ordered the pork Belly which was dry and my wife's fish was fine but again nothing at all to write home about.
I ordered the eye fillet steak done rare which it was when it came out ,when I attempted to cut the meat I could barely get the knife to cut into it,when I finally got a piece off and attempted to eat a piece it was full of grizzle and so was the remain piece,it was the worst piece of meat I have eaten anywhere without exaggeration.
I understand these things can happen,having said that any Chef worth his salt should be able to see this piece was not suitable for consumption.
The part that we where surprised about was that when the waitress came to clear our table she picked up my unfinished plate and started to walk away with out even questioning why I had not eaten my meal.
I stopped the waitress and said to her that the meat was not editable at all to which she just smiled and walked away.
When presented the bill the meal was still on the account to which I said are you intending to charge me for that meal.
The waitress said she would need to see a supervisor and let me know,I asked did she show the meat to her supervisor or chef,she said no,they just threw it in the bin.
Neither the supervisor nor the chef came out to question me about the meal,the waitress said they where to busy to come out and said they would credit me for my main meal.
Clearly no interest in client feedback,never experienced that type of disinterest in any type of business let alone a restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
7 Thank James R

Canberra, Australia
“Nice food and friendly service”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had dinner here on what appeared to be a very quiet night in Dunedin. We had the fixed menu and the soup, rib eye and fish were all very nice. The service was very friendly although not highly polished. To her credit, the waitress went to find the correct answer for a question about the wines rather than making up an answer. Overall, a very pleasant place for dinner.

• Visited January 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Two Chefs is a classic. Now been five times over the last three or four years and favourably compares to anywhere else I've eaten in New Zealand. Easily the best place in town. Adventurous menus and an excellent wine list.

• Visited November 2012
Dunedin, New Zealand
“It is always nice and great service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant with consistently good food and service. Food is full of flavor. I had th pan fried fish of the day which was salmon on a bed of cauliflower mash with celeriac and a side of fresh asparagus with garlic crumb. Very tasty. We went for our Christmas lunch and it was enjoyed by everyone. They aren't open for lunch every day so check first. They also do a plate de jour in the evening for $59 per person with a glass of wine included. The restaurant was one of the cuisine magazine finalists for 2012.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jubesDunedin
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Walk Away”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Had a meal there last night (15 Dec. 2012) as part of a capping function.There were 11 of us and the overall dining experience was very disappointing. The service was fine, but the restaurant was incredibly noisy and the food was tasteless, chewy, unseasoned and berefit of culinary skill and pride of execution. I expect, as so do my fellow dinners that if you are paying the prices that the Two chefs charges, then I want something that causes exclamations of delight amongist us. This never came close to occuring. We all thought at the end of our dining experience, the appropriate name for this restaurant should be "No Chef". For all you fellow diners dont bother to darken this door, grab a pub meal, it'll cost you less and taste infinitely better.

• Visited December 2012