“Yummy pasta”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Yummy pasta”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We walked past and just decided to give it a try! only one member of staff on took a while to get served but we were in no hurry the menu was huge and we both had pasta which didnt take too long from when our order was taken they were huge servings and very nice. The tables were wobbly and there were renovations being done on roof and wall but apart from that was nice not a place for romance just a casual meal out!

• Visited January 2013

Masterton, New Zealand
“Great Bar and food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A nice warm atmosphere with good food and beers. Enjoyed the outdoor seating by the heaters and indoors by the open fire. Very welcoming.

• Visited January 2013
“As bad as expected”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Christmas day and Metro being one of the few places open, was busy and staff hardly able to cope. While reluctant to go there at first due to bad reviews, we finally decided to give it a go. Had to wait ages to be served and it took them a good half hour if not longer to have some toast breads and dips delivered. Those guys might just have had a bad day but don't see why we would want to come back any time soon.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DrKaefer
Gisborne, New Zealand
“Not worth going back to”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My grown up daughter and I went there for dinner early one evening. The first thing that struck me was how dark it was inside. It was about 6.30pm and still fairly light outside, but there were only a few tables occupied and they only had one tea light candle on each. I actually thought they were having a sudden power cut!
We found a table in the gloom at the back of the room and had to ask for some candles/lighting as we couldn't read the menus!
The food eventually arrived, but not really worth the wait. My daughters pizza was cold and my pasta dish was OK but it tasted like it was all out of a packet!
Daughter went to the loo which is downstairs and she came back in disgust and said Mum, don't go down there! It was dark, dingy and not very sanitary.
It seems from what I can gather from the locals that this place is more suited to a night club, so stay clear in the day and early evening!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank WendyGAuckland
“Sort their [--] out”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Ok, so I live in Queenstown and occassionaly go to Dunedin to get out of the bubble. I've been to Metro twice with the Mrs & both experiences were pretty bad. Thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt after the first time, but 2 bad experiences does it for me. 1st time: Just went in for a drink, thought I'd try the tequila beer which is no longer available and it was pretty good. I went to the loo and came back to the barman and his mates swarming around my girlfriend like flies round dung. Great look. Then we ordered food in the form of the man fries. Fries with cheese and bacon. Sounds good. yeh, unless you wait over 30 mins in a near empty bar, then ask the barman where the food is, so he scuttles off to the kitchen cos someones obviously forgotten about them. 2nd time: Walk in, no-one at bar. Stand around for a few minutes then observe a girl serving pizzas to what looked like a group if computer geeks on a night out. She then comes over and her service manner was less than hospitable. She just couldn't be bothered to deal with us. We drank up and left asap. Going to another bar in town we questioned 'Metro'. Their words were, "It's a last resort in your night out". Never going back to this dive.

• Visited May 2012