“Excellent steaks”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited this year again, had another wonderful steak cooked exactly to your requirements, many thanks.

There are newer reviews for Huntsman Steakhouse

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Loved the steak here - cooked to perfection. Salad bar was average, but if you're going to a steakhouse do you care that much about the salad bar? All the same would have liked more veges than the baked potato that came with the steak and the lettuce and beet root at the salad bar.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The steaks are excellent.I could not fault the service. the range of beers were excellent for an establishment of this size. the unlimited salad bar is a great idea especially if you have kids with you. They can tuck in while you wait for your steaks to be cooked.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went there for the 1st time for my partners birthday, it was great.
Friendly staff gave us full attention with a big smile all night. I got the blue cod and I found it delicious. My partner got a steak of course, rib eye and it was cooked to perfection.
The salad bar had plenty of fresh tasty selections, loved the dressing :)
We left with full bellies and smiles on our faces.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My son and I went out late for a meal. We knew it was late for an off-season night. We found the Huntman's open. Even though it was only about 20 minutes before they closed, we were greeted warmly. Being aware of the late hour, I wanted to keep it simple for them. We both ordered a "blackboard" steak special. So, I can't comment on the salad bar. But, both our steaks were very good. Service was quick, and several times the cook (who may be the owner?) came and asked how was the steak. We really had nothing to complain about, and let that be known. I don't understand how people can complain after their meal when it can be corrected during their meal. In any event, we both enjoyed our meals, and appreciate the friendly service so late at night.

PeterBDunedin, Owner at Huntsman Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Kia Ora and thank you for your review.

I really appreciate your comments - we try very hard to ensure that our customers are satisfied and like you I am puzzled as to why people won't tell us if they have a problem and at least give us the opportunity to try and fix the problem