After travelling around NZ for a few weeks and experiencing quite a variety of accommodation styles, we were really hoping that our last few nights would be perfect. And they were! From the moment we arrived Rod made us feel extremely welcome, and spent some time advising us where we should go and what we should do. Our room on the top floor was lovely and light, with a great view over the cathedral to the harbour and hills. Dunedin is a very pretty city and The Brothers is the ideal spot from which to appreciate it. The location is excellent, with great restaurants just a brisk walk away (and the uphill climb on the way back makes you feel quite virtuous, despite all the good food and wine you've consumed). The guest lounge is a lovely spot to enjoy a pre-dinner drink and a chat to fellow guests, and having the use of the guest computer is an added bonus. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a special place in Dunedin. Relax in our European style family run Boutique Hotel close to inner city amenities with spectacular views of the City and harbour. Extensive renovations have been done to this former Christian Brothers 1920's stately residence transforming it into elegant heritage accommodation with 15 bedrooms and all with modern tiled en suites. The Brothers offers a mixture of convenience, history, charm, elegance and tranquillity, with the building retaining much of its original grandeur. Unfortunately the Hotel is unsuitable for infants, babies and young children under 16 and can't be accommodated. The Brothers is also quite different from anything else in Dunedin. The intention during the refurbishment was to be sympathetic to the building's history and wherever possible the original character has been retained. As a result most of our rooms are of a size often found in European Cities and maybe considered small by some. If room size is important to you or the prospect of walking 10 minutes uphill from the city centre is a daunting issue then other options maybe more suitable for you . A welcoming drink is offered early evening in the main Guest lounge. Book direct with us for better price and room options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Brothers Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brothers Boutique Hotel Dunedin
- Brothers Boutique Dunedin