We had just done the Rail Trail and needed a bit of comfort and luxury. We weren't disappointed. The Brothers is so convenient to Dunedin Centre, the restaurants etc.. Yes the rooms are smallish, as other guests have noted, but I knew that in advance, it's perfectly obvious from the website. Obviously a building that housed religious brothers a hundred years ago is not going to have large rooms?? However, they are perfectly adequate for a couple and have plenty of hanging space on the back of the door. The hotel common space makes up for this. A guest choosing this hotel wants character and history otherwise they would be staying at the Mariott. The owners have managed to incorporate ensuite bathrooms into the existing room footprint very cleverly. The owner is very welcoming without being intrusive. He so clearly has a passion for the building and for Dunedin as a whole. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a special place in Dunedin. Relax in our European style family run Boutique Hotel close to inner city amenities with spectacular views of the City and harbour. Extensive renovations have been done to this former Christian Brothers 1920's stately residence transforming it into elegant heritage accommodation with 15 bedrooms and all with modern tiled en suites. The Brothers offers a mixture of convenience, history, charm, elegance and tranquillity, with the building retaining much of its original grandeur. Unfortunately the Hotel is unsuitable for infants, babies and young children under 16 and can't be accommodated. The Brothers is also quite different from anything else in Dunedin. The intention during the refurbishment was to be sympathetic to the building's history and wherever possible the original character has been retained. As a result most of our rooms are of a size often found in European Cities and maybe considered small by some. If room size is important to you or the prospect of walking 10 minutes uphill from the city centre is a daunting issue then other options maybe more suitable for you . A welcoming drink is offered early evening in the main Guest lounge. Book direct with us for better price and room options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Brothers Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brothers Boutique Hotel Dunedin
- Brothers Boutique Dunedin