“The icing on the cake...this is paradise!”
other traveler has booked this property
Enjoying the beautiful evening at Cascade Crek Retreat
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Enjoying the beautiful evening at Cascade Crek Retreat
Enjoy a unique and wonderful experiene in the teaming hot outdoor bath
Completely private and secluded
Downstairs bedroom
Breakfast in the sun on the deck
Beautiful walks to explore from  the Retreats door step
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The icing on the cake...this is paradise!”
Reviewed October 26, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

After making the decision to relocate from Australia to New Zealand earlier this year we needed a place that would make us wind down and relax after such an exhausting process of new jobs, new house and new friends. What a great find Cascade Creek Retreat is ! The attraction of an off grid log cabin with no phone, no internet and no TV but also with open fireplace and outdoor baths was too good to refuse....as well as only a short drive from Dunedin !

Booking with Janene and Dave was so easy and friendly.....could not be more helpful and our arrival to find the cabin fully provisioned was an absolute bonus for us (PS - the local Pinot Noir was a great drop !!).

For two nights we thoroughly switched off and relaxed knowing our decision to move to NZ should have happened sooner ! The serenity, outdoor baths (under a starry night !!), big luxurious beds (and sheets & pillows & towels & gowns !!!), great BBQ, "endless" hot water, fresh air, awesome walking tracks....have we missed anything ?.......was absolutely incredible to say the least.

This was truly the icing on the cake and will be a place that we know we can come back to when we truly want to escape. Thoroughly recommend Cascade Creek Retreat for those that want to get away from it all....but also do it in luxury !

Liked best: Everything ! No complaints at all
Friends getaway
Kristophe...
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Incredible Luxury Retreat Run By Lovely People - What More Could You Want?”
Reviewed April 3, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

My 10th wedding anniversary was coming up fast and I wanted to do something really special to celebrate with my wife, something that would truly blow her away. I got on to my friend Adam who is a travel agent and organises all my travel for me and asked him if he knew of anything that would fit the bill. Adam came back to me with Cascade Creak Retreat and I can't tell you how pleased I am that he did. Cascade Creek was the perfect setting and experience for what I was looking for, in fact, it exceeded my expectation in every way.
Right from the get go the experience was simple, straight forward, personal, and friendly.
After I got the initial booking taken care of online, I got personal email confirmation assuring me that everything was done and that my booking was complete. Then in the lead up to my stay I got another email making sure I was comfortable with the directions, check in procedure and with the facilities that would be provided, not an automated email, but a personal email from Janene, who along with her Husband Dave owns the retreat. It was personal touches like this that really highlighted for me that we were in for something special.
When my wife and I got to the retreat we were stunned. It is set in the most beautiful surroundings imaginable. Set on the side of a hill overlooking a gully and surrounded by a combination of farmland and native forrest, it is truly a haven of peace and tranquility.
The accomodation itself is a hand crafter wood cabin, rustic but finished to a high spec, with all the creature comforts that I could have asked for.
The stay is essentially self catered so everything you need in terms of cooking facilities were provided, gas stove top and oven, microwave, and BBQ for cooking, coffee machine, all cutlery plates etc. We never once thought 'boy we wish we had..." or "I wish they had thought to put one of those here'. We simply had everything we needed provided for us.
Although the retreat is self catered there are a number of options available for food to be supplied for you to cook, or even for your own personal chef to come to you and cook for you in the retreat.
We took advantage of the 'Dinner In' experience on the Saturday night of our stay. Our chef, Kelly, arrived at the time I had stipulated and set about her work. She was great, relaxed, friendly and yet efficient. She made a great meal into a wonderful overall experience. Oh, and the food was excellent!
Some highlights of the stay for us included enjoying the walks that lead from the retreat through native bush to a beautiful waterfall, or through rolling farmlands and stunning scenery. We even went down to the waterfall at night to be serenaded by the twinkling lights of glow worms.
Along side the strong emphasis on the 'personal touch' Cascade Retreat has a caring eco friendly ethos. The retreat itself is powered by a combination of solar and hydro power. Now, that night make some nervous "will there be enough electricity?" "will there be power outages because we have used all the power?" "will we need to be super sensitive in our power usage?". The answer to these questions from my experience is a resounding no. We used lights, plug in power, fans etc, and there were electric blankets and heaters provided and we never got the sense that we were pushing our luck. What's more, while the power comes from solar and hydro generation, the water is gas heated which means that there is an (almost) unlimited supply of hot water, which you will need for the two full sized out door baths... did I not mention those yet?
My wife and I spent a good deal of time in these baths, sitting outside night and day, in the sun, rain, and under the stars... bliss!
Look, I could bleat on forever about how great this experience was and how well looked after we were by Janene and Dave but we would all be here forever, so let me finish here with a simple encouragement. If you are looking for something special, a romantic get away or time to relax with friends and loved ones, book Cascade Creek, it's a great place run by lovely people, and not only will you not regret it, but you will find yourself sitting on review websites waxing lyrical about how great the stay was, not simply because it's true, but because you will want other people to experience this amazing place and the lovely folk who own it. Treat yourself.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Luxurious accommodation in stunning peaceful location
Liked least: Not applicable
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
luxuryb20...
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Heaven on earth...”
Reviewed January 27, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Words really can't describe how fabulous Cascade Creek is...you really have to experience the tranquillity and beauty yourself...if you are after somewhere to indulge yourself and reconnect with nature or your partner then this is the place to go... gorgeous outdoor baths with only the bellbirds, tuis and kereru for company...perfect for a romantic getaway, no wifi or tv...perfect! Janene and Dave have done a wonderful job of ensuring anything that you may need has been well catered for ...right down to day packs and water bottles...there are a couple of lovely walks over the farm land and thru the native bush if you feel too guilty laying around reading in the hammock or on the lovely deck...this truly is heaven on earth

Liked best: The tranquility
Liked least: Nothing not to like
Your age range 35-49
thenuthou...
Auckland, New Zealand
“Awesome wedding anniversary.”
Reviewed January 17, 2016 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Location was everything we dreamed of, totally private with everything you need for a memorable stay.
The log fire, hammock and out door baths are just the best, the out door laundry is very cool too, have already recommended to friends and family.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: As above.
Friends getaway
MamoC
Auckland, New Zealand
“Truly awesome environment - highly recommended.”
Reviewed May 14, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Just spent four nights at this gorgeous log cabin in a valley of birdsong. Very few places in NZ that such an experience can be had. The rainy day had us curled up with books in front of the log fire - the next day brilliant and sunny we sat outside and marvelled at the beauty that surrounded us and the birdsong that echoed around all day. An inspired idea to create this special place on their farm. Highly recommended very special place.

michael w
beijing
“a little taste of luxury in a little slice of paradise”
Reviewed October 14, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Staying 3 nights in the lovely cabin truly is the high light of our travel to NZ. The moment i stepped on the deck of the cabin i felt like everything i saw from the picture before i made the reservation became real and whats even better is i could finally experience the idea of "home away from home". its definitely hands down the best place i have ever stayed.
What we never expected is the owner came by with a plate of home made cookie to see if we were comfortable and warm as it snowed in the morning. i am saying could you guys be any more thoughtful for your guests?
I'd love to come back to the lovely cabin one day. The only thing i am hoping is it can be longer than 3 nights. Thank you Janene and Dave you really made our travel wonderful.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
Oct 22, 2014
It was such a pleasure to meet you all and we are very happy you got to experience Cascade Creek Retreat in such a beautiful snowy "winter wonderland!" Thank you very much for your review and we are so pleased we could provide such a highlight on your NZ holiday. We do look forward to seeing you back here one day!!
reganmcla...
“Most amazing place ever!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Was so amazing peaceful with great views great food and defenatly a great chef It was honestly the best place I could have chosen for mine and my partners one year aneversary the private cabin with the big stone open fire made for the most romantic evenings I will be bringing my partner back every year

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
Oct 22, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. Cascade Creek Retreat is such a wonderful place to enjoy a romantic getaway, especially something as special as your 1st Anniversary. The combination you mentioned of the stunning views, absolute privacy, large roaring open fire and delicious options of our Chefs gourmet baskets as well as the unique “Dinner In Experience” make for such a memorable special experience. What a wonderful idea to have started a tradition for your both to come back and enjoy everything Cascade Creek Retreat has to offer every year! We look forward to having you stay again next year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing