“Tasty Supper with Asian Vibe”
Review of Neptuno - CLOSED

Neptuno
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Tasty Supper with Asian Vibe”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

A small menu, but my husband and I were both really happy with our food. The restaurant was quiet and so the service was very quick! We had a lovely view over the beach and the restaurant was cosy. I would definitely recommend this place.

Dunedin, New Zealand
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went for our work christmas party. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the crispy salmon and caramel chocolate for dessert. Salmon and potatoes were so good! The decor is very pretty - I especially like the mural on the bar. Can't beat the view! I love that they have vege and herb garden of their own.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Food with a view”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lucky to have met a local who mentioned the great cafés for coffee at St Clair beach. We enjoyed tasty , good value lunch included salmon cooked to perfection, chicken and bacon burger with a twist. Wait staff very friendly and attentive. While waiting for lunch we enjoyed watching the waves along the beach front. The restaurant has an edible grade via its entrance very cosy inside on a rather wet day outside.

“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went to Neptuno for Sunday luch with a group of 10 friends. We were visting Dunedin for the Rugby and needed a nice place for our Sunday wind down. We had not made a booking but that did not matter. The staff did everything possible to accommodate us and set a couple of tables together for us. The service was fantastic and the food excellent. It was a beautiful sunny after and after lunch the staff made space for us on the deck over looking St Clair Beach. Top marks to Neptuno

• Visited October 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
“great spot - good food, unbeatable view”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked for a group of 4 for dinner (it can be booked on line). Not a huge menu choice - but we were all able to find things we fancied (all happened to be versions of fish). The the starters and mains were well presented with some excellent flavours and everyone seem to enjoy their choice. The wait staff were attentive with out being intrusive.
The only slight dissapointment was my desert (I probably shouldnt have had it anyway!)
The choc / caramel tart looked good but was just too sweet for my liking with a very firm base that I struggled with. The Creme Brulee had by another in the group got top marks. I would certainly go back but maybe share a desert next time.
I am told lunch time weekends are very busy - need to book.

• Visited October 2013