“Big Disapointment”

Neptuno
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We arrived at lunchtime on a very hot day and we requested to sit on the balcony. We were told that the balcony was not available as the umbrellas were broken. We ordered bruschetta, potato cake, and a seafood salad. The bruschetta was not toasted, and had half cloves of garlic throughout, not a good work lunch option. The potato cake came out cold, was sent back to the kitchen and then took another 5 minutes to come backout. The last meal of seafood salad came out 5 minutes after my collegues got their meals, and the table next door which had arrived at least 15 minutes before us, had their meals before my seafood salad came out. This dish was also very average. The mesclum lettuce with the potato cake and seafood salad was so stringy it was inedible. The waitress was lovely and apologised and did bring us out another soft drink. We would not go back to this restaurant

There are newer reviews for Neptuno

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great views of course but the food is amazing, we have eaten there a lot and each time we have never been let down the food is amazing, really fresh, attractive & tasty, great service and super clean toilets.
Congrats to the staff!
Only negative wish they were open for breakfast.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a lovely meal at neptuno with my husband and another couple all our meals were excellent which is unusual because i usually find at least one part of the meal is not up to scratch. But couldn't fault it the lamb rump and the rissotto was divine. No problems with the service either very efficient.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The service here was fantastic. Good range of food on the menu and very tasty. I really like the salmon and the wasabi mayo on the new potatoes. Good portion sizes and good value for money. I will be back.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous food. I had tempura prawns with mesculan salad and aioli as an entree, then the seafood broth for main. Delicious! The broth was so flavoursome and full of fresh seafood.

Book and or ask for a table with the seaview as it is stunning.

The service was friendly and usually quick although we sat with empty dishes a bit too long.

This restaurant is good value for money I think. Mains around $24-32 and as I say delicious and good portion sizes. The atmosphere was probably slightly more casual than the price would suggest.