All reviewsbreakfast buffettour groupcar parkcomfortable bedper daynice roomhotel restaurantspeights brewerynew zealandeasy walkfree wifistayed for one nightgreat place to stayrailway stationsouth islandvalet parkingcentral city
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I purchased a "pride of the south" package for $160 per night. This included a superior king room, breakfast and two tour tickets the Speights brewery. Very nice rooms, comfortable beds and great location. Bathroom was slightly dated but nothing wrong with it. Happy helpful staff. We did ask to receive the free paper in the morning unfortunately it didn't come. We also missed the fact that you must hang a sign on your door if you want the room serviced. Very happy with the package price and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2013
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here on the Pride of the South package. We regularly update our packages and our aim is to have great value packages which will suit everyone - no matter why you are travelling to Dunedin.
You highlighted a couple of service issues. Please accept my apologies for this. I will work with our Front Office Manager to ensure our procedures are tightened up so that this does not happen again.
Thank you once again and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times now and we really enjoy it. Everything is clean and tidy and I have yet to find a more comfortable bed. Road noise is minimal and there is a decent selection of channels on the TV with the option of purchasing some movies. Mini bar is well stocked and of course if you are hungry you can just order room service or go downstairs to the restaurant. Because of it's location it's also easy to walk into town to find other eating options. Bathroom is well stocked with toiletries and my only gripe would be no type of extractor fan in the bathroom.

The buffet breakfast is very good with loads of options and it all tastes good. Some great deals to be had on their website where you can get breakfast,parking and accommodation for a good price.

The Casino is basically on site so going for a little flutter is also possible if you are so inclined and the food is also good in there.

We will in no doubt be back for a few nights in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your latest review of the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross. It is wonderful to see our guests return and I was very pleased to see that you had another enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you stay in Dunedin.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've just stayed three nights and couldn't fault this hotel, the service or the value for money.

Our room was large, clean and well-appointed. We bought the "Splash of Romance" package and the staff made us feel extremely welcome and were very attentive.

We'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had such a wonderful time whilst staying with us. We hope to see you again sometime.

With best wishes

Reviewed February 6, 2013

A lovely older hotel, thoughtfully renovated, large room, very comfortable beds, clean and well furnished. Nice bathroom equipped with luxury toiletries. Good location for exploring the city, excellent buffet breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross. It is wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your time in New Zealand as much - don't forget to look for our other hotels around the country - Scenic Hotels and Heartland Hotels - where you will find similarly high standards and a warm welcome.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Southern Cross Hotel, the bed especially was so comfortable, had the best sleep.
Great location.
I was a little surprised though when checking out in the morning to pay for the Hotel car parking, I thought it should have been part of the accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
adrian c, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross. I was very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay particularly your reference to having the "best sleep". I am sorry though that you were taken by surprise by our parking charge. At the very least, you should have been informed of this on check in. You may be interested to know that we do offer complimentary parking as part of some of the packages we offer. These are all available through our website and offer great value.
I look forward to be able to welcome you back sometime in the future.

With kind regarsd