I'm a regular visitor to Dunedin on business and this is my favourite hotel.
It's in a quiet location at the northern edge of the city. Easy to find for first time visitors - it's the first hotel you come to travelling south on State Highway 1. Handy location for the University but a little way (ten to fifteen minute walk) from the city centre.
Easy parking with lots of space, which does not always apply in city hotels.
The rooms are more spacious than average and some open out onto a garden courtyard. All the usual facilities incuding internet connection, tea & coffee, plus well stocked minibar.
All of this makes for a relaxing stay after a hard day's work or sightseeing.
Restaurant does good breakfasts and room service.
Ricky and the team on Reception are always friendly and helpful.
To summarise, it's a good quality hotel at the edge of the city centre, giving you more space and quiet but still close to the action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin