“My partners 21st”

Angus Resaturant & Bar
Ranked #141 of 329 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: New Zealand, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Dunedin's steakhouse of choice!As our name suggests, we specialise in prime tender Angus beef - the best steak available.Fancy something other than steak? Angus Restaurant and Bar have fantastic food for the whole family! Our amazing Seafood and Vegetarian dishes go down a treat, not to mention lamb, chicken plus a separate menu for the kids.Room for more? You'll also be tempted by our variety of tasty entrees and luscious desserts.If you enjoy a hearty meal in elegant surrounding, then dine at Angus Cafe & Restaurant.Join us any day of the week, we look forward to seeing you!
Dunedin, New Zealand
“My partners 21st”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Angus steak house was brilliant! Everything from the mood the food the drinks and the staff was awesome! The staff were so lovely and chatty ( not the over talkative kind) and the meals were so delicious! They even shouted my partner a free Turkish delight shot which we all ordered again!! I would go back and have a meal there again! I highly recommend it!!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best Steak in Dunedin ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I had my birthday dinner in Angus and I always say that Angus does the best steaks and cocktails ! They have yummy chicken fillets and the atmosphere of the place is just amazing ❤️

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Scrumptious dinner with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We a long wonderful day getting with our guide, Adele from The Good Company, she suggested we checked out Angus Restaurant & Bar for its lamb dishes.

The restaurant is stylish & modern. The food is finger licking good (I had the pork ribs in special BBQ sauce). My sister & friends have lamb shank & lamb rump. Recommended to have the rump medium rare for best flavour. They were excellent. The serving rather generous thus we did not have room for dessert (which seem yummy on the
menu. Maybe next time).The
service first class. A restaurant we would gladly return to. Price wise - similar to other steak restaurants around town. Average about NZ$30 per head without liquor or wine.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Decent steak, fairly pedestrian restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had dinner this evening, breads and dip - quite nice, ribs - pretty average, rump steak quite good. Had a few glasses of the house cab sav, total bill $112. I travel to Dunedin for work a few times a year and have never tried this place before. It reminded me of lots of average steak restaurants the world over, kinda nice atmosphere, friendly but inexperienced staff, decent enough steak, probably a bit over priced.

Verdict if you just feel like a steak and that's all you really care about, give it a go, you'll probably enjoy it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank blairegourmand
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Chefs Special Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

You have to love the pork belly but the dish I had being the chefs special was a chicken breast with scrummy sauce.All fifteen members of our table had excellent meals and service was brilliant considering a very busy time. The tables were perhaps just a little hard to get in and out of if you were at window end of large tables but all in all a very good eating experience.

Visited December 2012