“Great vege food.”

Ranked #14 of 375 Restaurants in Dunedin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food. Nice homely atmosphere. I am not vegetarian but would def go again. Well priced too and good coffee. Try the banana frooze balls.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I frequently visit this cafe and am always impressed :) nice cabinet food, scones to die for and yummy coffee, the cafe is always warm and snug. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would recommend to all :)

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been put off going here by the fact it's a vegetarian cafe but please don't let that put you off. It's a great place to eat. It's in an old church so it's a lovely setting.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well my wife simply loved this place as she herself is a vegetarian. We visited Dunedin in November 2012 mainly because it was one of the ports that the ship called into, and we simply loved Dunedin it is a lovely place and finding the Potpourri Vegetarian cafe was a bonus for the both of us. We went for a walk and it started to rain, as it sometimes does in New Zealand, andway as we turned the corner we spotted this cafe on the right hand side of the street as we were walking down and as it was raining slightly we ducked in for a coffee and to get in out of the rain and what a good decision we had made. We ordered a coffee each and my wife saw a notice which stated that this place served the worlds best scones, well a brave claim we thought, however they were certainly very nice, as for the best in the world i do not know, however they were certainly the best that we had tasted that day, you could either sit by the window and watch the weather and the people passing by or sit at a table facing inside. We both enjoyed our snack and coffee, the staff were very friendly and it would be very nice to visit again, the next time you are in Dunedin then visit the potpourri vegetarian cafe on Stuart street and tell them I sent you. Have a great cup of coffee and one of their great scone's.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place has been here forever (decades!) and it is a wonderful little cozy spot. Oh..and the food is very very good as well! I have yet to find something that I haven't loved. The staff are great as well.