“Top-class dinner with a great view!”

Luna Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 388 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We made a reservation months before our dinner was due and we were rewarded with the best table in the restaurant: a breathtaking view on Dunedin Harbour and the Otago peninsula!
The food was excellent offering a good choice of tasty dishes, both fish and meat. A wide range of wines, both domestic and from abroad are on the wine-list, offering a good bottle for every taste. The service was most friendly indeed, after spending a couple of hours dining here we almost felt like at home.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Linda at Kiwi nest recommended Luna, so I booked a table when we arrived we were seated next to the door, having been given the menu and got some drinks I asked the waitress if she had another table, she looked around and said I will have one over by the window if you don't mind waiting about ten minutes the people are just finishing coffee, I thanked her when we moved we were able to order we both had Venison for me rare my Wife medium, the view from our table was straight down Stuart Street on to the Station as it got darker and lights came on it became more impressive to our delight the meal was one of the best we'd tasted, I asked to see the chef and thank him when he came out he looked so pleased, He was in is early twenties and tonight was is first preparing mains I'm sure he will go onto better things. The desert was of four different ice cream the flavours all matched, the waitress was also the assistant manager Thank you Dixie for making our night so memorable. John & carole

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The restaurant over looks Stuart Street and nice views over the harbour and dunedin city.
Lunch menu was abit pricey and they didnt offer seniors specials for the older members of my family.
Friendly staff and decor was nice inside the bar :)

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The meal itself was very disappointing. We both ordered our steaks to be served medium-rare, one was medium & the other medium-well - totally unforgivable. For dessert we decided to share a chocolate & hazelnut pudding with ice cream & hot chocolate sauce. Again, this was most underwhelming, the pudding was luke warm on the outside & cold inside, not a good combination.
There were plus points however, the service was excellent and the view unbeatable - shame about the food.
Would I go back? Unlikely

Reviewed February 11, 2013

A bit expensive, but the meals were good - a nice place to go for an occasional treat. The venison and the steaks were good.