“Always great food and coffee”
Review of Alto Cafe

Alto Cafe
Ranked #109 of 346 Restaurants in Dunedin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Always great food and coffee”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is our 'local' cafe - we go regularly and always enjoy the coffee / tea and food. They have a good selection of beers / wine and nibbles. We have also used them to provide food for events and people always rave about the food.

Visited December 2012

“Great Lunch”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My teenage daughter (vegetarian) and I had a really enjoyable lunch today. Great service with fresh, tasty unpretentious food, nicely cooked and presented. My daughter changed her order some time after we had paid and been seated. This was no problem to the staff. The new order was cheaper than the original, and the difference was returned to our table in cash with a smile. Well done. A good menu as well as lots of fresh cabinet food a little different to the norm meant it was easy for my daughter to find something suitable. I enjoyed the best flat white I have had in Dunedin!

• Visited November 2012
Ithaca, NY
“The amazing Alto!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our daughter, who is 8, reports the following: I loved the pancakes because they were very big and sweet. I had them both times we went. Dad had bacon and eggs, once because they serve breakfast all day; another time, he had soup. My brother had a big breakfast (which was enormous and you could choose a couple of things) and he also had a burger, which he didn't like so much.

Visited July 2012
“Mothers day brunch”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My daughter and I had brunch at Alto today, busy place and we didn't book. We arrived at 12 and the lovely young lady let us have a table that was booked for 1pm. Very friendly staff. Cabinet food was plentiful.

We ordered off the menu, which was well priced and had a great selection. We had the mothers day special, raspberry pancakes. These were so yummy! Light & fluffy. It was also nice to see a healthier option of pancakes served with natural yoghurt and maple syrup served on the side, which was delicious and left us able to put on how much we liked :). We also had the home made muesli which came with honey, fresh fruit salad and yoghurt. Fantastic, all the flavours went together beautifully and it was so fresh and crunchy- best muesli I've had!!!

We both highly recommend this Cafe! It also features in this years entertainment book which was a added bonus! Alto - keep up the great work!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Sandra H
Dunedin
“Best chips and aoili in town”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Yummy food, big portions. Good for brunch or lunch.

Visited February 2012