“Superb choice for business or pleasure.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview

BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Dunedin
“Superb choice for business or pleasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and it was my first time here. I was a little concerned on arrival as it is next to a busy road, petrol station and supermarket, but I need not have been concerned.

Everything about my stay was excellent, from the moment of arrival to departure. Sue, the owner who greeted me, was very welcoming - she showed me to my room and described the local dining options, which includes a range of local restaurants that will happily deliver to your room.

The rooms are a very good size with fixtures and fittings that are a cut above the normal - the flat screen TV was huge and of a very high standard, the shower room was well equipped and the bed and pillows were particularly comfortable.

Other advantages include being able to park right out front of your room (no valet parking charges!) and you can borrow from a huge range of DVDs to watch in your room for free.

My concerns about being based next to the road, etc, were unfounded - I slept like a log on both nights.

You can tell that Sue is very proud of her hotel and looks after it as if each room were her own home - I was very impressed and will definitely return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Paulrproctor, Thank you for your very thoughtful review. Actually, we do feel our Motel is almost an extension of our home and that every guest is as important to us as they would be as a visitor at our home. We try to ensure all our guests have a truly comfortable, relaxing and pleasant stay whilst here in Dunedin.
Just recently, we have had our annual Quality Assurance assessment of the premises by BEST WESTERN and are really happy to have achieved an 'International Quality Award for Excellence in Quality and Standards' for 2013. All our staff work consistantly hard to achieve this high award -so a big pat on the back for them too!
Many thanks again for your review and we will look forward to seeing you back in Dunedin.
Best wishes Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now both for Business, Sport and Pleasure and every stay has been memorable which is why I always come back, the rooms are well thought out, a great size and very comfortable, lovely in room touches, super comfortable beds and pillows which is hard to find!! And there's always someone around to help if I needed it, very near to a supermarket only a few minutes drive to Edgar Stadium, 5 minutes to Town and some great restaurants nearby. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you EileenH2 for your kind review, I'm glad we are fulfilling our duty to provide a truly comfortable and hospitable experience to our guests. We certainly look forward to being able to host you again when you are next in Dunedin. Kind regards Sue Hanning
Riverton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stay at best western often. Great place great staff always friendly. great accommodation as well. The beds are excellent as well. so close to the city, easy to find as well. I always stay there on business, couldn't think of staying anywhere else have been doing this for over 4 years now.

Room Tip: All rooms are of good quality
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hi Lydia M, thanks for great review. Its nice to have repeat guests telling us how much they like staying with us here in Dunedin, we really appreciate the support to our business. We look forward to your next stay. Kind Regards Sue & Richard Hanning
Hansen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Lovely place to stay and easy to find. Owners and staff very helpful.The room was very comfortable with a wonderful shower and super king bed. Close to shopping and food outlets and a supermarket close by and for the men plenty of car sales to go and look at while filling in time .Will certainly be staying there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
555Bayview, Manager at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased you enjoyed our Sealy super King Beds, lots of people have told us that they feel very refreshed after a nights sleep here. We look forward to being of help with accommodation when you next return to Dunedin.
Kind Regards Sue & Richard Hanning
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I travel to Dunedin regularly, and my first choice is Best Western 555.

Rooms are exceptionally clean and warm.

I can always get a free park at my door.

I can always get milk, paper, breakfast and dvd, at a time that suits me.

The staff are NOT annoying and leave you in peace, yet still offer excellent customer service.

Restaurants, groceries, fast food and service station in walking distance (literally across the road)

FREE unlimited internet.

Big showers!!!!

Big beds, that are extremely comfortable.

During my last stay, I was working late, and Dunedin can get extremely cold, the lovely hosts had turned my heater in the room on, so I didn't have to come back to a cold room....seriously that is thoughtful (Trust me, it would have been a cold night otherwise)

Love love love staying at the Best Western, as I stated before, I always request the Best Western, I have stayed there on 7 different occassions, and have never found it to be any different.

Hats of to the Hosts Sue and Richard :)

Andrea Lance

Room Tip: I love room 8, the bed is so big and cosy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jewelandy
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thanks Andrea for your lovely review, we enjoy having you stay as much as you said you like it here In this business its great when guests return on a regular basis and you can get to know them just a little bit more and know what they like in order to feel comfortable and relaxed while away from their own homes. Looking forward to your next visit.
Kind regards Sue & Richard
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great room, wonderfully welcoming proprietors. We were so welcomed here. Our favorite place in ages. Great rooms, well appointed. Central location. Very helpful owners. Comfortable beds. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelerbrady
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your great recommendation, we really appreciate it.
Kind regards Sue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western 555 on Bayview in the second week of January. Jason was on the desk and he checked me in, helped me with my luggage (the only place on my trip that did) and left the laundry room open for me so I could do my first washing of the trip.

Richard and Sue were away my first day in town but I marshalled on to visit Speights and to photograph the train station and the Octagon. On my second day Sue was able to give advice on touring the Otago Peninsula (a side trip well worth taking). After my third night Richard was able to help me redeem my Best Western cards.

Oh and the room was right next to the road but I didn't hear any traffic. The bed was comfortable - the internet very convenient and the kitchenette well appointed. I ate dinner at restaurants my last two days there but the proximity of the super market across the traffic circle was helpful when I just wanted to rest up (and do laundry) that first night.

Much thanks to Richard, Sue, Jason and the cat, dog and turtle whose names I have sadly forgotten.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hi Terry, great to hear from you via Tripadvisor, we are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your time in Dunedin with us. It was great you had 3 days to do some of the many trips and experience's available to tourists, especially getting out to the Otago Peninsula which is a 'must see'.
Best regards Sue, Richard, Jason, & Max the dog, Henry the cat and Franklin the friendly turtle.