“Nothing better than....”

Add it.
Sweet Kitchen
Ranked #616 of 1,119 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A moment of reflection with a hot coffee and a little treat on a cold wet Saturday morning! Always great fast service greeted with a smile and a great selection of goodies to eat there or take home.

Thanks sweet k team!!

1  Thank Mavrickchild

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Love love love the Sweet Kitchen!!!
Beautiful cakes and little treats that are absolutely decadent!
Have been going for many years and two other friends and I decided to take our other friend out for afternoon tea there to celebrate her birthday. Once we arrived the hardest part was choosing which desserts to buy! As I went up to order the staff member serving me (a young woman) looked highly unimpressed (which I thought nothing much of at the time, I thought she was thinking 'oh good they've made up their minds!') Our little cakes arrived presented very well, but the staff member serving us moped her way over to us and clanked the plates down unceremoniously on the edge of the table, not even putting them down in front of us or managing a smile. We all tried some of each cake and each one was absolutely delicious. The two staff members dissapeared out the back and proceeded to be quite unhappy and whispering to each other while guesturing in our direction. We continued to try and ignore them but then one staff member decided to get the broom out and start sweeping the floor. I was sitting in one of the chairs and the staff member hit me in the back of the feet quite hard, I apologised for being in her way and she replied in an overly sarcastic tone and loud voice about how "It is fine, no no no you weren't in my way at all, don't even worry about it!!!".
Not long after I sugessted to my friends and I that we should probably leave as we did not feel welcome sitting in their shop. I still can not get over how rude the two young staff members were to us but take them out of consideration and I would have rated the Sweet Kitchen 5 stars.

3  Thank Alison G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Always the best coffee. Delicious cakes. So many favorites but I can't go past the the lemon cake or mini cheesecakes. Very intimate setting but just love this place. Staff always so friendly.

1  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Well have tried this little place out many a time for a nice cup of coffee. Such an array of tempting individual portion cakes to try from. My sons like coming here also for an occasional after school treat too. Not many seats in this small shop and sometimes have resorted to taking out a coffee and a box of yummies to take home and share- due to lack of seats.
Well worth a try- not good for dieters though!

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have been here many times and have yet to be disappointed. The attention to detail and the flavours of the cakes and desserts are outstanding. The menu changes every season so you can be sure there is something new to choose from every time. The serive is fast friendly. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a dessert for a dinner party or a cake for a special occasion.

1  Thank madinvail