“Cosy hang out”

Ranked #101 of 1,054 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open plan indoor outdoor busy local Cafe , good magazines and large tables to spread the newspaper out ! Solos, large groups,couples will all feel at home. In their 16th year same owner and make all their own food and bread which is sold in store or at their bakery in Ferrymead.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Comfortable hang out place - obviously very popular with the local residents. Toilets have little "pull-out" messages which are rather fun. Food is ok but nothing spectacular. Overall ok and would probably return.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were recommended to go to Vic's and weren't disappointed. Good reception, great snack food helpful staff with us tourists new to NZ credit card machines (they are all different!)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Often unfriendly staff, the food is generally good but if you are doing a takeaway they are extremely stingy in the serving size

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went wandering from my hotel room on a recent business stay, in search of lunch, and happily stumbled across Vic's. I enjoyed a delicious chicken satay and indonesian rice lunch special and grabbed a huge savoury muffin for a late afternoon snack to see me through until dinner. The waitress kindly threw in a pat of butter so I could enjoy my muffin back at the motel room while I was working, and it was divine! I went back the next day and got more. On my last morning in Christchurch, feeling worse for wear after a night out with a colleague after work was finished with, we ventured again to Vic's for a reviving breakfast - and it did not disappoint. Nice big portions, delicious in-store baked sourdough and some much needed crispy bacon and perfect eggs. Topped off with a few cups of their brilliant coffee and I was a very happy camper indeed. Will definitely head back there on my next trip!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

In my experience, all the positive reviews are warranted. Yes, it's busy. Yes, the service could probably be better at times. I stopped in twice, once for coffee to take away (delicious) and the second time for breakfast. I had the Eggs Montreal (eggs benedict with smoked salmon) and oh my goodness. How delicious. Glad I got the hollandaise on the side, I used little as the rest was just so delicious--wish I'd taken a picture. It was a bit cool and rainy but I sat outside under the umbrellas and it was just a lovely experience.