“Am I the only one who thinks this place is over rated?”
Review of Vic's Cafe & Bake

Vic's Cafe & Bake
Ranked #105 of 1,075 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open plan indoor outdoor busy local Cafe , good magazines and large tables to spread the newspaper out ! Solos, large groups,couples will all feel at home. In their 16th year same owner and make all their own food and bread which is sold in store or at their bakery in Ferrymead.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Often unfriendly staff, the food is generally good but if you are doing a takeaway they are extremely stingy in the serving size

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went wandering from my hotel room on a recent business stay, in search of lunch, and happily stumbled across Vic's. I enjoyed a delicious chicken satay and indonesian rice lunch special and grabbed a huge savoury muffin for a late afternoon snack to see me through until dinner. The waitress kindly threw in a pat of butter so I could enjoy my muffin back at the motel room while I was working, and it was divine! I went back the next day and got more. On my last morning in Christchurch, feeling worse for wear after a night out with a colleague after work was finished with, we ventured again to Vic's for a reviving breakfast - and it did not disappoint. Nice big portions, delicious in-store baked sourdough and some much needed crispy bacon and perfect eggs. Topped off with a few cups of their brilliant coffee and I was a very happy camper indeed. Will definitely head back there on my next trip!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

In my experience, all the positive reviews are warranted. Yes, it's busy. Yes, the service could probably be better at times. I stopped in twice, once for coffee to take away (delicious) and the second time for breakfast. I had the Eggs Montreal (eggs benedict with smoked salmon) and oh my goodness. How delicious. Glad I got the hollandaise on the side, I used little as the rest was just so delicious--wish I'd taken a picture. It was a bit cool and rainy but I sat outside under the umbrellas and it was just a lovely experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was disappointed that I was unable to order my favourite winter breakie - porridge as they stop cooking this at 10am. Service was average as was the coffee. Friends eggs benny had uncooked spinach of the salad variety rather than the usual steamed one. Could have been a lot better.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Eggs Benny an Florentine were wonderful. The eggs had an impossibly orange and rich yolk. Busy place on a Saturday morning but the community tables, bar seats, bistro tables were all filled with happy people reading the paper, talking and enjoying the food and drink. I wish we had a Vic's where we live.