“Amazing guide and great experience for our 3.5 year old”

Christchurch Bike & WalkingTours
Book In Advance
More Info
$25.97*
and up
Christchurch City Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Christchurch city's historic sights, gardens, markets and culinary delights by bicycle. In just two hours you can pedal around the city's top attractions with a friendly local guide leading you at a relaxed pace.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing guide and great experience for our 3.5 year old”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband, 3.5 year old and I did a tour with tour guide Clare in August which we say was the highlight of our NZ trip (even better than the skiing).
We first saw Christchurch Bike Tours on the Australian travel show 'Getaway' in 2009 and had it on our list of things to do since then!
Clare was lovely and our little boy loved her!We were lucky to have a personalised tour since we were the only ones that morning.
It was a nice easy ride but we saw everything we wanted to and more- including the Cardboard Cathedral which was the highlight.
Our heart goes out to you Christchurch for what you have been through and we wish you all the best with all the wonderful things to come. We can't wait to do the tour again and recommend it to family and friends.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brisbane_Visitor31
Steted, Owner at Christchurch Bike & WalkingTours, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your time on the bike tour and thank you for the great feedback.It is such a fun family activity and Clare really enjoyed meeting you all and showing you around! She mentioned that New Regent Street was a highlight for you all, it is such a lovely spot. Regards, Stephanie Fitts, Owner - Christchurch Bike Tours

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Eye Opening”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were really lucky to be able to go for a bicycle tour around Christchurch, focusing on the impact of the 2011 earthquake and the progress made so far. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of our tour guide but she was so lovely and so interested in Christhurch's development that it was a wonderful experience! We had loads of pictures taken with the sculptures dotted around town and a very easy ride. A fantastic way to see more of Christchurch then you would ever get time to walking around.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chazwick
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
“Christchurch Bike Tour July”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had family in from Tennessee and organized a trip to Christchurch. The bicycle trip we took was definitely the highlight. We booked it literally the night before and a tour was quickly set up for us, when one wasn't originally scheduled - which we definitely appreciated. Tour guide leader was top notch, and we saw and learned a LOT we never would have seen (or heard about) otherwise. Without a doubt, definitely a "must do" if you ever go to Christchurch.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a few hours in Christchurch”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I prebooked this tour by email before we left for our trip and was really happy with the ease in which everything was completed. Not having internet access until the day before we were due to ride, I was so impressed that I got a response back to my confirmation query on a Sunday.

Lucky for us we got a perfect autumn day, and the lovely Jacky as our guide. I loved, loved, loved the fact that Jacky gave us the choice to design our tour before we took off. It was really special to ride through Hagley Park and Riccarton House with the golden autumn leaves falling around us. We then went to the CBD and rode around the red zone before riding through the parts of town that had been rebuilt.

Our 2 hour ride turned into 2.5 hours and could have been longer if I didn't have to leave to catch a plane (how I'm regretting not booking for a day earlier now). The bikes were so comfortable, and Christchurch is so flat that this is a really easy and enjoyable ride. Also loved the baskets on every bike to store our gear as we were riding.

The ultimate compliment on how good this tour is comes from my 16 year old son. After protesting quite loudly beforehand that he didnt want to do this ride, he came away saying it was one of the best things we did on our trip.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank rydelocal
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Red zone cycle tour”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This poignant tour will make you think. Being on a bike, right next to the devastation and seeing how much work there still is to do allowed me to get a sense of what the locals have been through. It is sad, but there is plenty of positivity and hope for the future too. The informative guides had tales to tell on close escapes and information on rebuild plans. We explored areas outside the red zone too and say projects to use the now empty spaces. I highly recommend this tour. The guides are fantastic - informative, with passion for their city and their own personal experiences to share.

Visited March 2013