“a different experience”

Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

our visit to Denny's was such a different experience, it's like in between a fancy restaurant and something like MacDonalds' or Burger King, the food was nice after a long drive, warm and inviting atmosphere

1  Thank Ash5863

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had the bacon benny while my wife had the french toast. Donna served us in a pleasant and timely manner. The standard and presentation was the same as in the USA . We have eaten later in the evening on other occasions and will continue to return.

1  Thank bob t
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I actually like the food here! Specially the curly fries! The kids love them, and the fact that you can take your whole family and see a picture kiddies menu so you dont have to sit there explaining the kids can see and choose which meal they would like if they are pre schoolers or still learning to read! The kids eat for free deal is awesome! I loved my lamb shanks and creamy potato mash with mint sauce... I love the way they serve the food! The variety of 'adult drinks' is very very tempting! Deserts were absolutely delic! Kids love the spag and meatballs, hubby steak... all and all its a very lovely experience and the staff are relaxed and friendly.... a very family place or if late at night or public holiday it is a place that is always open! It always tastes better when someone else cooks and cleans huh hehe

1  Thank wuatt12
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great selection and super friendly staff! Out waitress made sure we knew all the deals and was lively and funny without being in your face. Great food and location. Only thing was it was a bit cold.

1  Thank Andrea F
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hi,
On the 23rd November I thought I would take my Lady out for dinner. I chose Denny's as I was impressed with their service and food from their restaurants overseas.
Well we waited awhile to be noticed and was the greeted and taken to a table. We then ordered our drinks and then our meal. The wine arrived and I noticed that the glass was dirty. When the young lad appreciated I showed him and asked him not to put the wine into a clean glass but change the glass and wine. He snapped at me asked me if I though that he was stupid. Anyway when the food arrived my meat was so badly overcooked I could no eat it. My partners food was not nice and she left half of it. Well pudding at that point was out of the question. We went to pay and it took nine minutes to pay as the women at the till was so useless at her job. I must say this is the worst place I have eaten at in Christchurch and will never go back. It is sad to say the the service and food at MacDonalds is a million times better that Denny's Restaurant. Shame on you Dennys for your bad service and Yuk food.

1  Thank Jasmine G