“Even though under construction, it was still amazing.”
Review of The Villas

The Villas
Ranked #74 of 1,103 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Luckily, we were staying very close to this restaurant, so we went for both dinner and breakfast a number of times. We loved the flat whites, fruit bowl and citrus bar for breakfast. Our dinners were wonderful as well. Great service, lovely atmosphere (even though it was under construction). We cannot wait to go back once the construction is complete.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have come twice for lunch and this was our first time for dinner. The menu looks amazing which includes a nice steak menu as well. I had the vension with black pudding and risotto which was phenomenal. My wife had the fish of the day, grouper, with polenta. Both were amazing. For dessert we had the sticky date pudding and creme brulee. Ermagurd. Yes, do it. Would highly recommend here for all meals. Very friendly service.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Went to coffee house with friends. The staffs are very friendly. Ordered their lunch mains of Italian pastas of some sort. It was just vegetables and no meat. Tasted okay, not bad, but not great, and the quantity not filling. Seems like this is more of a place to meet to nibble snacks, and I can't really expect to be filled up after the meal. So I will have this place in mind if I want to meet friends up, nibble, and talk about how our lives have been up to. I wouldn't choose this place for a serious dining experience where I would expect a filling main meal.

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my husband on our first night in Christchurch. It was so local to our b&b and had good reviews. The menu was so lovely we ended up having 3 courses! Definitely eat upstairs. Beautiful wallpaper and fireplace up there. Between us we had soup of the day and the hosts cheese soufflé which both were yummy although soufflé needed more dressing. For mains we had monkfish in chilli sauce which was the special, so light and fresh and the steak. Dessert was deconstructed rhubarb tart and donuts which were divine! A really great night and happy tummy!

1  Thank Freckled_Face
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We visited the renovated Coffee House to utilize a discount voucher as the menu had looked quite varied and delicious on the promo and we were very happy with our evening.

I had the confit crispy skin duck which was delicious and had perfect accompaniments. My friend had the venison and thought it was excellent with a delicious beetroot risotto.

We had a fabulous mature waitress who was well informed about the meals and who was very good at up selling both for food and drinks. She was attentive but unobtrusive.

Overall we thought the meals were very good. The restaurant was a little cold and some tables are a bit too close together. However we would go back again.