“An institution”

Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Whether you just want a coffee and a slice of cake or a full dinner experience, this is a great place to go. The best and most amazing coffee/ drinks list and lovely desserts. Main meals are great too. Always friendly staff and it's cozy inside and lovely in the courtyard on a fine day. Parking can be tricky at times, but don't let that put you off!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

we dined here on sunday night and happy to say had the best steak ever . My husband had the venison and also raved over this. Service was very pleasant. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Makes the best mocha's in town in my opinion consistently.however unsure of the food as i only had coffee

Reviewed July 27, 2013

A fabulous eggs benedict with a heap of fresh spinach and 2 good sized portabello mushrooms - the best I can ever recall. No problem to have it on wholegrain toast instead of english muffin. Highly recommend. Coffee also very good. Service spot on.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ended up here as it was just around the corner from the B&B we were staying at and we'd already tried to go to a couple of other places that were full (Christchurch restaurants and bars are lot busier on a Sunday night than we'd anticipated!). Pleasant enough place and staff. On the whole we felt the meals were a little ordinary for the price. I ordered the Chicken Saltimbocca - I don't generally order chicken when I'm out because it can be rather boring but as I don't eat red meat and I didn't like the look of the fish option I thought I'd give a go. Nicely presented but the chicken was bland and a chewy as chicken breast often is - disappointing but edible. My husband's lamb dish was better - tender and tasty but not outstanding and rather expensive for what it was. Feeling a little unsatisfied we decided to have dessert and chose something out of the cabinet. The cheesecake was very good but the apple berry crumble slice I chose was dry and tasteless. And to top it off, they charged an extra 20c for the small spoon of yoghurt I had on the side! How petty! So, in general we felt it was overpriced and disappointing.