“Best breakfast in town”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Wellington, New Zealand
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This place has the best breakfasts. Corn fritters or Brusetta are my fav! Great on a warm day if you can sit outside, but even if it's not, the verandah is perfect and covered in.

In a random wee part of town, but worth the trip.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Lovely Setting”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Under the "New" Red Veranda has had a few earthquake hiccups over the last 3 years but the food and service has remained top notch. we visited for brunch recently, sat outside in the courtyard and had a wonderful start to the day. Recommendable.

• Visited December 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointed with the food”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had read afew reviews and we thought we would check this place out for breakfast. We thought the coffee was delicious however they got my order wrong so while my partner was eating I was waiting for my breakfast. This didn't really matter but he was almost finished his breakfast by the time mine arrived - the food looked good but my meal was so salty it was almost unpalatable, this is probably the worst breakfast I've ever been given. I was really disappointed as we were looking for a great local breakfast place but as this was our first visit it will also be our last. One redeeming quality of the cafe is that one coffee was taken off our bill however it was too little too late.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank loo_squinda
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Love the food but.....”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been there quite a few times. The food is consistently fantastic unfortunately the staff are not :-( . They could remember to smile, say please and thank you and don't chew gum, be interested in your customers they are who end up paying you :-)

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank 14u2try
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Disapppointed”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had heard a lot about this cafe but it didn't live up to its reputation. The waiting staff were pleasant but seemed too casually dressed and scruffy. The food service was slow. The food was adequate but overpriced. Even worse we realised later that that we had been over-charged -perhaps paying for something which had gone to another table. We shall not go back.

• Visited October 2013