“Fantastic experience.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Fantastic experience.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We arrived at around 7.30 on a Saturday night and the place was moderately busy, but not over-full. The new place has a nice ambience: modern, but cosy.

We were served quickly and the wait staff were friendly and attentive. Our entrees arrived within about 10 minutes and we were eating mains I believe within about 30 minutes of ordering when first seated.

Our meals were hot, the portion sizes were really generous and we were all really pleased with what we got. I had the chicken, bacon and avocado salad with a honey mustard dressing, and it is rare these days to find such a satisfying, well seasoned, generally delicious salad!

Dessert was equally as appetising. I had the dark chocolate torte with crème fraiche and black doris plum icecream, and the icecream was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! The torte was really good, reasonably rich with a good level of moisture, but I would perhaps have considered adding just a little bit more cocoa. Keep in mind, however, that I don't eat chocolate-anything which isn't really rich in cocoa.

Prices were reasonable and if I'm not mistaken, all the salads were gluten free along with a good selection of other mains which were gf-friendly as well.

Honestly, I really don't think you can go wrong for a nice, fairly casual dinner out with the family.
Pleased to be able to write such a glowing report.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Evenhands

“Give it a skip”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Took over an hour after ordering to receive a cup of coffee. We had to remind them 5 times, they just didn't care. We were a large group (10), but we were one of only four tables on an average Saturday morning. Food, value and location were below average for Christchurch cafes.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TravellingTandem
“Crap breakfast”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Cold bacon, poorly cooked eggs and greasy unclean food. Felt disgusting after a few mouthfuls.
Has really gone downhill since it has moved. Lunch used to be fantastic back when it was located in town.
Big thanks to the waitstaff for allowing us to walk out with no payment. It was already overpriced for eggs benedict at $20. Props for customer service.
Sadly the chefs cannot do a basic breakfast. We will be spreading the work and certainly will not be back.

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Went to Honeypot from all the reviews. Unfortunately my friend and I were greeted by a grumpy lady. She was down right rude and unfriendly! We sat at a table as the cafe was empty and ask to see the breakfast menu- she promptly told us that she was getting the menu for us from behind the wait to be seated sign! I'm sorry I didn't see the sign and thank you for being so rude- We will NOT be recommending this place to anyone!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SQ380
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Used to be a favourite Not even on the list now”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This has been a long time favourite but after three disastrous experiences it is now crossed off permanently. Bye bye breakfast muffin!
The last attempt was a surly waitress who told us to sit anywhere, needed to be interrupted do we could order, then said what we ordered wasn't available. She looked bored and we left. Had a group lunch where the service wasn't much better. Sadly this is a dead duck for me

• Visited November 2012