“Really nice berry garde”
Review of Sweethearts at Berryfields - CLOSED

Sweethearts at Berryfields
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I hv been here with a business friend in a summer sunny day, the environment of this restaurant was fabulous, this is a old English style food with nice hi tea:) I love the Akaroa salmon and highly recommended. Service was awesome, specially in a sunny day..

1  Thank Tina_pen
There are newer reviews for Sweethearts at Berryfields

Reviewed November 16, 2013

What a disappointment! Evidently the restaurant is under new ownership and it certainly shows! The meals here used to be fabulous ... Not now! We went for breakfast, after about 15 minutes one of the meals arrived, the waiter then told us our order had been thrown away by so the rest of our meals would be a while, they sure were. The meal that had been delivered was long gone before ours were in sight!
Toast was horrible, pancakes tiny and no flavor, French toast was definitely not French toast, mushrooms yuk!
Avoid this restaurant! Christchurch has some fabulous eating places...this isn't one!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been going to berryfields for the last few years and it has always been delicious and a great experience,this time I cannot say the same. The waiter was lovely but we waited 30 to 40 mins for the bread to arrive which thankfully was very nice . My husband and I ordered the fillet steak when it arrived it was literally buried by a sea of berry sauce and some unidentified orange sauce that covered most of the plate the steak was sitting on a square of potatoes that was so over cooked that it was just a thick floury saucy mess. My steak was cooked well but my husband wanted medium and his was very well done. Deserts were delicious and would go back for desert . Have to say the place is looking run down and would not go back for a full meal .it has new owners and we are sad to see things are not what they used to be.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Over the years I have been to Sweethearts several times and always had a lovely experience. However the place is under new management and everything has gone to pot.

The menu has not changed but the quality has dropped a long way, even the ambiance has changed. What was once a quaint old world setting with beautifully manicured gardens has now become tired and overgrown.

It is sad but I wont be going back there until they know what they are doing, and I would advise people not to go there unless they are prepared to be disappointed.

1  Thank Simon G
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Food over priced, small meals, very long wait. When the food finally arrived we were disappointed with the quality. Do not recommend, will not be going back, lots of other better choices.

1  Thank HMHMHMHM