“great dinner experiance”

Ranked #100 of 1,019 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

i was there for a work course overnight and really enjoyed the dinner
i have eaten here before a few times and really recommend it

great place

There are newer reviews for Pattersons Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and ate in the restaurant out of necessity. We were not disappointed. Some hotel restaurants are a little bland and lacking atmosphere but this certainly wasn’t. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming even though they were very busy and the food was exquisite. Try the lamb and the house Pinot Noir (forgot the name but was recommended by the waiter) is fantastic.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Loved the décor...very comfortable. I had the Akaroa Salmon which was absolutely beautiful. Great selection of really nice wines though they were on the expensive side at $11 and up (I drank 2 glasses at $13 and $15 each). Loved the outdoor gas fire with the couches.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just hits the spot! A good menu, wine list and friendly helpful service. It is part of the Commodore Hotel, so benefits from all the other facilities such as the modern courtyard and open fire. Meals can be taken either in the restaurant or in the courtyard area which has tables and the fireplace couches.

1  Thank Thegeorgereview
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I do not know the reviewer that just wrote about the bolognese sauce for the spaghetti being spicy and tasting very like their chili sauce. My separate tale may tie in.

The night before eating at Patterson's, I had the best tomato soup of my life at a different restaurant. I am not a tomato soup devotee particularly, but that soup had blown me away, so inevitably, when I saw tomato soup on the menu at Patterson's, I decided I had to see if it too was astoundingly good. Well, the Pattersons tomato soup blew me away as well: not because it was exceptionally good, but also, not because it was bad. What caught me by surprise was that the soup tasted exactly like standard tomato based spaghetti sauce, though a very spicy version. I've never before run into this before. The earlier reviewer was wondering whether the spaghetti sauce and chili sauce were essentially the same basic product, and I'd have to suggest a similar thought regarding the soup.

The rest of the meal was just fine and uneventful. I had a fish main, and it was good.