“Average”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This restaurant was average. The table we were given was not stable and unreliable. The service was pretty good and the food tasted average. The serving sizes for some of the dishes were small and they were not generous with the sides e.g. bean sprouts, lime etc. The pancake we ordered was thin and below average and did not taste authentic . Overall this restaurant was unsatisfying but the service was good.

1  Thank discipleAuckland
There are newer reviews for Myhanh Vietnamese Restaurant

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very quick service. Waitress was really helpful and friendly. We had the fresh spring rolls, crispy pork pancake (yum) beef pho and Vietnamese ice coffee. Loved it all. will go back again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were a bit hesitant given the reviews, and while not awful I don't think we'll go back. Summer rolls were ok, and the dipping sauce was nice. We had the crispy skin pork which was not too dry and nice, but the satay pork was just weird. Not much flavour in the sauce and it came with chunks of pineapple and cucumber - not a pleasant combo with crunchy satay sauce! Noodles or rice are extra, and were very salty and tasted like the soy sauce had not been cooked through. When we paid the waiter didn't ask if the food was ok though I had left half my main course.There are much nicer restaurants in this area and another Vietnamese just around the corner - should have gone there instead!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Met up with a work team. A cheap and cheerful night out. Restaurant is small and noisy when busy however the food was very tasty and good value. Under $60 for two people with a shared banquet meal and desert, how can you go wrong! Decor has seen better days but we are there to eat them food so all good!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went there on 28 April and ordered spring rolls and "House Special Crab Soup". Spring rolls were average. House Special Crab Soup contained huge chunks of chicken, but I could not see any crab. Staff explained the crab was in small sprinkles. I said I did not like chicken and if I wanted a chicken soup I would have ordered one. The chef came out of the kitchen and told me that this crab soup is a house special, that this is how he does it, and if I did not like chicken I needed to say that before ordering. (Before ordering a crab soup, that is...Hello????) It culminated in him explaining to me: "We are not white, we are Asians, we do things differently." I said: "So when you say crab you mean chicken?" He said: "Yes, exactly." He and staff insisted that I pay for the soup! NEVER AGAIN!