“Flawless - highly recommended”

Maharaja Indian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 1,075 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After becoming addicted to Indian cuisine back home and traveling India for two months I had to try this out. I got the full course and every single dish was suberb from the samosas to the bhuna to the kolfi. Good servings, delicious and the staff were excellent also. For the price too it's a no brainer!

2  Thank Cianwhack

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My partner and i dined here recently, we had a lovely meal, and in our opinion the best curry we have tasted so far in Christchurch. It wasn't oily or greasy like a lof of indian restaurants i have experienced. The food was very tasty, the negatives were that the chicken dish we ordered did not have a lot of chicken in, it was mainly shredded and very finely. The lamb dish was excellent and plenty of meat.

I had very nice evening and the staff were very nice as well, it was a shame we were seated at the bar area, as i did request a table away from the bar area, as its too busy with people back and forth to the kitchen.

4  Thank Louise_H46H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have enjoyed many dinners at the Maharaja since it reopened and sampled a wide range of dishes from their menu. Each time, myself and those dining with me comment that there is something extra special about the taste and quality of the food. The staff are always happy to help and very professional. Glad to have another excuse to eat there this week, looking forward to it already!

4  Thank nzgal61
Reviewed June 14, 2013

MAHARAJA you again have raised the bar for true Indian authentic food in Christchurch. The whole experience of meeting the team,food,service,price and Ambiance was five star. I don't think i will ever get tired of eating your wonderful food. Look forward to next time. Trust me it won't be long. Well done!!!

3  Thank Vikram B
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was the first day on our trip to new Zealand. This restaurant was just a short walk from lilac rose B& B where we were staying. Food was authentically Punjabi and service very good. Everything including the rotis were perfect.

We were surprised by finding such good indian food first day in new Zealand.

2  Thank Manish S