“Brilliant”

Maharaja Indian Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 968 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nelson New Zealand
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited here in March and were not disappointed. The service was exceptional, very diligent and friendly, even enquired to what we were celebrated and congratualted me on finishing my degree. We were served complimentary popadoms, and dinner was delicious. Highly recommend the Lamb rogan josh, and butter chicken.

The restaurant is situated in a converted house and has been well renovated. Fixtures and fittings modern and chic.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kstar1990

• Korean first
Leicester
“Excellent Quality and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Ate here twice on our 2 stays in Christchurch. The place has a nice relaxed ambience and can get pretty busy - we ate on an outside table the 2nd time as inside was full.
The food is excellent quality and cooked to your preferred heat. When I asked for mine hot I was given the choice of 'Kiwi hot' or 'Indian hot'. I chose the latter on both occasions - despite some trepidation on the waiter's part the 2nd time and it was about right for me - about the same as 'Leicester hot' that is!
The beer range was also very interesting and pretty good value by NZ standards. We were told by one of the other patrons that tjis was 'the best Indian in Christchurch' and I can well believe it.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank TCMike54
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Maharaja you have done it again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Firstly congratulations on your 1st birthday in your new location. The food and service is getting better with time and I look forward to more fantastic meals at your fine establishment. You truly are the " THE REAL INDIAN RESTAURANT " Thank you for all the wonderful meals have served.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank V B
Christchurch
“The best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Indian Curry is my favourite food and this is my favourite Indian restaurant. Great decor, great food and great value. I am so glad they are back from their earthquake nightmare. But back, better than ever.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Richard0960
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Simply the best indian in Christchurch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are looking for the real taste of Indian food then you must visit this restaurant. Trust me you will not be disappointed. I have been eating at this restaurant for nearly 10 years. I love this place.

• Visited January 2013