“Really very, very special”
Review of Le Pot-Au-Feu - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Pot-Au-Feu
Cuisines: Swiss
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We visited with friends for a joint "significant anniversary". We were looking for something quite special and this place came up trumps! It is quite different in that it's a 1 person establisment where the propieter does everything her self. This effectivly means that she is cooking just for you. Everything was prepared from fresh ingredients. The four of us made slightly different choices. I can't remember the last time that happened and at least 1 person was not dissapointed in something. We were all quite rapt. I can honestly say that she prepared the best sauces I've ever tried. This is "fine dining" at its finest.

1  Thank NZMike57

Reviewed November 29, 2009

Well, I went there with no expectations - literally. Was taken there for a meal and had never heard of the place.

Nice that the food is prepared on the spot, cooked and served by the chef - a one-woman show - good for her that she works her butt off to do something she loves.

The food was not mindblowing in any sense (had the fish option that day) and felt that it was playing dressup in mom's wardrobe type of place. The ambience is a bit put on - location is a converted store front on gloucester near some backpackers. Not sure where the miss really came from.

My partner really likes that place though and thought her food was fantastic - so perhaps it's just me and my general dislike of 'fine' dining? Would go to Sez'n first.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Great classic swiss and french cooking. Get on Bono's degustation dinners mailing list. They are awesome

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook