“Kiwi Greek institution in the making”

Dimitris Greek Food
Ranked #4 of 967 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Fast Food, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dear customers, After 4 years since the earthquakes we are happy to announce that we are located in 2 locations in Christchurch, firstly we are at the Re:Start Mall on Cashel Street and our new location is a shop at 86 Riccarton Road (which is open for dinner hours).
Melbourne, Australia
“Kiwi Greek institution in the making”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

You go to Dimitris caravan for souvlakis. Not the kind you find in traditional Greece, but good and tasty anyway. Beef, chicken, lamb or combo. Single or double. Sauces. That's about the extent of the decision making required. Doubles are massive. All sizes and contents come with shredded lettuce and sliced tomato. I had a double lamb: tender, delicious and more than I could eat. The pita breads are quite thick, and attempting to enclose all the contents of a double into one proved a Herculean task - be prepared to eat with some deconstruction required. But hey - who complains about too much food for $12? Paper knapkins, plastic utensils and a plastic carry bag are all provided. My tip? Skip room service at your hotel - get a takeaway from Dimitris and eat by the river bank. You'll do yourself a favour, and the ducks will thank you too. If driving there is plenty of opportunity to park at the river end of the REStart mall, including an offstreet open lot, and that's the closer end to Dimitris. An institution in the making.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Unbeatable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

No one has ever beaten the delicious fresh taste of Dimitris Greek Food, nothing can stop them either with 3 major earthquakes in their way they have been going strong ever since. Make sure you grab one of these available in the Re:Start mall in central Christchurch. Mmmm I might go get myself one now.

• Visited December 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best Souvlaki in Christchurch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

One of my favourite things to eat in Christchurch. Operating out of a caravan in the re:start mall.
Service is always cheerful even when incredibly busy. We only waiting around 10 - 15 minutes for our souvlaki even though there were more than 20 waiting before us.
Lamb souvlaki was an excellent combination of flavours and the lamb was cooked perfectly.
Limited seating but easy enough to sit under a tree in the re:start mall.

• Visited October 2013
Mackay, Australia
“Best Kebab in Christchurch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've visited Christchurch twice and both times I've had to eat at Dimitri's!!
The first trip the kebab caravan was highly recommended by my best mate who is a local - and when I returned 6 months later with my partner that was on my list of things. It was so busy we waited 25 minutes for our kebab - well worth it!!

• Visited September 2013
“Yum yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you need a bite at Restart, you will be hard pushed to find a tastier lunch than this, and big portions too !!

• Visited September 2013