Courtesy Court Motel
Belmont Motor Inn(Christchurch)
Abbey Motor Lodge(Christchurch)
Sherborne Motor Lodge(Christchurch)
View Hotel
136 On Bealey Motel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree wifiroom was cleancity centresmall kitchennice staylonger stayshower pressurewould stay againgood sizestayed here for nightsmotelsupermarkettakeawayunitflighttoiletriesproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the bus depot to the Hanmer Springs. It seemed ok. the room was clean but the bathroom needed updating. I'm used to a single faucet in a bathroom sink - not one for cold water and another for hot water. I'm also tall-ish (5'8") and almost zinged my head in the hall because the roof is slanted. I could hear traffic from my room, which didn't stop me from sleeping but if you are a light sleeper, it might be a slight bother.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank orchid414
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The rooms are big and clean, although the bathroom has a small space. The internet is noticeably fast (very rare in NZ!) and the people working at the place are very nice.
There's no breakfast included, but car parking is for free. The rates I got were very good, and attending to the fact that room availability in Christchurch is very limited and that the prices are criminal, it was a great choice.
You're not that far away from the centre, just some 15 min walking. But unfortunately, most of the centre is not accessible since the last earthquake, so there's no big point thinking about those things...
I'd definitely stay here again because I had a great night of sleep and there's really nothing wrong with the place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nuno_the_Curious
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The place is very well located n a quite part of the city (although Christchurch is quite all over :)).

The rooms were very clean and well appointed with all amenities and a very functional kitchen corner. Our car parking was right in front of our room and it served us well as there were no annoying sounds of car doors being slammed anytime during the day.

We were traveling in a group of 3 families and I got to see the other rooms which were of varying sizes. All of them impressed me for the prices and I would really say that it is good value for money.

The owner Mr. Kisang Sung (first name pronounced as"Key") was extremely polite and helpful. We had made a mistake with our hotel booking at Fox's glacier and he took all the time, explaining to us what we needed to do and helped us with maps to find our way and get back to the originally planned schedule.

All in all, if you are traveling on a medium budget and are planning to use the hotel as a pit stop (which is what you should be doing in NZ in any case), I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights to help us acclimatise after arriving jetlagged from the UK. The gentleman who runs the Motel was very pleasant and welcoming and the accommodation was functional. The 'garden view' was literally a gap of approx 1 metre between the window and the fence which backs on to the property. The room was very tired looking with a number of cobwebs and there was constant condensation (which probably explains the musty smell mentioned in other reviews). The facilities were all fine - the shower worked well, the kitchen was functional etc etc. The electric blanket was a very welcome addition. Would I recommend it? Well, it depends what you are looking for but we wouldn't go back - to be honest, we wouldn't go to Christchurch at all - with the benefit of a fortnight's hindsight, we would have skipped any stopover in Christchurch and would instead strongly recommend heading directly for Hanmer Springs or Akaroa. We waited for a few days to write this review as we wanted to compare it to other accommodation in New Zealand before expressing an opinion as we were not sure what the average standard was - it varies greatly!

Room Tip: Try Hanmer Springs or Akaroa!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed one night arriving at 8pm. Checking was quick and efficient, very nice embroidery displayed. Upstairs room with three windows and nice curtains, one of which is a sliding door to a wrought iron barrier, no balcony, so almost el fresco dining. Nice room . Bathroom nice too, although some wear and tear, and hot water pressure could be better. Overall, a convenient motel in a convenient location, I would return to this motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business