Middlepark Motel
Hotel 115 Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
$90
$241
$193
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This was the third time we have stayed here. Always drawn back by the peace and quiet after a busy day town and around. Spotlessly clean, great personal service. Everything we needed. Car park immediately outside. No stairs. Only 10 minutes from Westfield/Riccarton Mall. Easy access out on to main highways North, East, West or South.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We are staying at middlepark motel due to earthquake repairs on our house.Its a great place for families to stay due to the playground and walking distance to the library.Lovely and quiet at night time its a home away from home for the kids.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I chose Middlepark Motel as I needed a pet friendly motel and the motel I usually stay in was unfortunately full.

At Middlepark I found the booking was efficient and friendly, the greeting on arrival also efficient and friendly. The room (unit 9) was a bit dated and I feel the kitchen is in desperate need of a redo, however my initial impressions was that everything was clean. However when I sat on the floor to complete the paper's crossword I found the carpet coated in what appeared to be the hairs from 4 different types/colors of dog or cat which grossed me out somewhat. Either the carpet hadn't been vacuumed for quite some time or the vacuum has serious suction issues.

While the bed was comfortable, when I woke the next morning I found my face had puffed up and my eyes almost closed. I don't usually suffer from pet allergies but something in the room had triggered an attack.

So I shan't be staying at Middlepark again, nor can I recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank WLnz
Reviewed September 24, 2006

We have stayed at the Middle Park motel several times. While I cannot rave about it's ambience, we have found it a very user friendly place to stay with children. As it's name suggests, Middle Park's motel units are arranged around a large open space with a good range of childrens play equipment and enough space to play ball games. This is unusual in NZ motels.They also allowed us to bring our dog.
There is a swimming pool complex next door, and a small shopping centre with dairy and take aways.The motel units themselves are a little tired but clean and well equipped. If you're travelling by public transport it's a way to the city centre, but on a bus route.
Dunedinite.