Clearview Lodge
Abbella Lodge Motel(Christchurch)
Papanui Court Motel(Christchurch)
Quality Hotel Elms(Christchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewspinot noirb bchristchurch areanew zealandperfect hostsolive orcharduseful advicebeautiful propertybreakfasts were greatgenerous hostsbefore heading homeperfect endshort drivelarge roomclose to the airporta great place to staycity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2012

What a wondeful place to stay !!!! Sue & Robin were great hosts,& so helpful on all aspects about the area. Sue made us a lovely cup of tea when we arrived & over homemade muffins,chatted away as if we were old friends.Our spacious suite was sumptuous, with a balcony overlooking their beautiful garden,under floor heating in the bathroom was a real luxury ! All the little touches were there ,bowl of fruit ,chocolates & chilled water.
The guests lounge was superb,where we could relax with a tea or coffee,& cool drinks ( including wine ) in the fridge.
In the evening Robin poured us a glass of their lovely Pinot Noir,followed by their equally lovely Port.
Breakfast is not to be missed ! cooked beautifully by Robin,while Sue chatted away making tea & toast.
Our one regret is that we could not stay longer ! but we would love to stay with them again in the future. Gwil & Sheila Hughes.

Room Tip: Upstairs suite had lovely views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This B&B is all about space and beauty. It is located in a beautiful orchard just outside the center city. Sue and Robin are endlessly interesting hosts who do not seem to have lost their personal vibrancy and charm despite the constant traffic of guests. Sue is an avid gardener (which is quite appropriate in this "garden city") and is ever available and passionate about what she created. Whether it is fresh fruits from the orchard or a sip of wine in the gathering room one gets a relaxed sense of space. We loved our stay.
Note: Keep in mind that Christchurch has lost nearly half its hotel beds to the earthquake and the pressure on the remaining supply can make lodging choices difficult at times. Reserve ahead if possible.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Grate place for your taste buds as Sue takes pride in offering fruits and flowers for her garden
Robin and Sue definitely make you feel at home.
Watch out for the best cat I have seen ever "Chester"

Huge property, lovely view, grate food, warm people, smart pets, good rooms & lovely experience.
I don’t think after this there is much to say but lots to experience………………

Yet to come across such fresh fruits experience !!!
Definitely will be back for more

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harshvardhan S
Reviewed January 21, 2012

As a solo traveler, I felt right at home with Sue and Robin. Sue showed me around her garden and I felt like an old friend. I had the impression they would have done anything to ensure my comfort. Sue even packed me a breakfast when my tour left early in the morning and they both waved me off in their robes! They have a beautiful home and gardens which they generously share with visitors. Thank you for making my Christchurch stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our stay at the Clearview Lodge could not have been better. It was one of my very favorite parts of our two week stay in New Zealand. The picturesque home is surrounded by beautiful gardens and vineyards, and I loved walking around in the yard. The owners, Robin and Sue, are remarkably friendly and helpful. They anticipate every need and their hospitality makes the stay feel like home. Breakfast is wonderful and so is the wine :) Thanks so much for a thoroughly enjoyable stay!
-Katharine, Houston TX