“The perfect getaway”
Review of Airways Motel

Airways Motel
Ranked #19 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at Airways Motel the night before living Christchurch. It's place is great for a short stay. owners are very helpful and the free 24H shuttle service to the airport is fantastic.
The rooms are clean and well appointed, location, a little bit away from the airport excellent.
For the ones traveling by camper van, we first checked in at the hotel before handing over the vehicle at the airport. Very convenient, there is a petrol station just round the corner.
Finally, ask the owner a place for dinner as they have good recommendations.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yann-in-Oz

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Airways Motel quite a few times now when I have a stop over in Christchurch on my way to Nelson and always found the service fantastic. I had my partner with me last time in October 2011 we had a stop over in Christchurch on our way back to Australia and he agreed the service was excellent. I have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the rooms are always clean and tidy. The free shuttle service they provide is awesome as I have often had midnight flighst into christchurch from Australia and 6am flights leaving Christchurch back to Australia and it's never been a problem to pick up or drop off at those times when arranged.
A great place to stay keep up the good work guys see you again soon. Kellie & Colin

Room Tip: Downstars rooms are more convenient if only stopping over with luggage
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Everything was easy. When I arrived it was freezing cold outside & the owner had put the heater & lights on in my room for me in advance making it easy to relax once i checked in. I organised the shuttle when i arrived & it was co-ordinated with the departure of other guests & i recieved a wake up call. The shuttle left promply on time & i was at the airport with plenty of time to spare. The room was very nice & spottless. The bathroom was very modern with excellent heating & my bed had an electric blanket. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went to Christchurch for our grandsons first birthday.Needing accomadation that was both close to where our son lived,yet affordable for four Adults and two Children.We found all of this at the Airways Motel Christchurch.Offering free shuttle pick up and drop off at the Airport.Great for us as our sons house was just down the road and around the corner.To our amazement a van was offered free {just the petrol cost} for us to use as our transport,while we stayed.We were impressed with the ajoinging rooms-Two Queen beds-two single,two kitchenetts,two Televisons with Wi Fi and internet {free} and two bathrooms.it was a great weekend and very nice affordable accomadation.

Room Tip: When travilling with more than one child,ask for the family room as it has bigger accomadation
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed there on 12June. Always made welcome. Unit was warm and clean,. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

With my arrival delayed due to heavy snow in Canterbuy and unable to safely drive on the country roads I decided that on arrival I would try and pick up a hotel close to the airport. Well flight got even more delayed and with the likelihood of fog on arrival I decided to wait until the aircraft had safely made it in before booking a room with anyone. Did not get into 2am, snow everywhere and freezing. Called the usual suspects around the airport without sucess then tried the hotline in the arrivals hall which listed the Airways Motel. They picked up the phone straight away, confrimed a room was available (very reasonable $100) and would be down to pick me up in 5 min with another couple who had also just called. Van arrived on time and meet by a very cheery driver who wisked us back to the motel. On arrival, he dispatched us to our rooms, will do the paperwork in the morning- Brilliant! Lights where on and so was the heating, truly a lovely bit of Kiwi Hospitality. Nice and quite too even though is close to the airport (but not on the flight path) Free WiFi meant I could update everyone on my arrival and plans for later in the morning and the 24 hour service station 100m nearby covered my morning shopping needs nicely. Support these guys they deserve it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed for one night and it was just great. Nice clean room, heater and good reception on the TV. My family had booked the main house with a few bedrooms,kitchen ect, and they didnt have enough room for my self and 2 cousin's. So i went to reception to see how much 1 room would be for the night. $130 was a great price for king and single beds. Gareth very friendly and was up nice and early to take us to the international airport at 5am.

Thanks you so much, and we will be back to stay with you when ever in CHCH.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family