Airways Motel
Heritage Christchurch(Christchurch)
$154
$123
  • Pool
Hotel 115 Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$120
$74
Orbitz.com
$251
$192
All reviewsclose to the airportpetrol stationafter hourskey boxshuttle servicefree wifichristchurch airporttaxi farenext morningrental carearly flightarrived latean overnight stayminute driveconvenient locationgreat place to stayshuttle bus
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our expectations were well and truly when it came to friendly service at this Motel. We decided to stay here flying in and out of Christchurch. The airport transfer was not even a problem at 3am in the morning.

Cleanest rooms I have seen, very impressive for this price range. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Airways Motel
This motel is close to the airport. The 24hours free shuttle worked out good. I went to the information counter upon arriving, the are two phones located opposite the counter. I was told to make a call to the motel for pick up and that phone only allowed two digit numbers. Airways Motel is number 23,  I called and the guy picked up and told me he was right outside the terminal! I hopped on the mini van and he drove us back to the motel in 5minutes!
The driver has my name on his list, he told me my room is 14 and the key was in the room, I didn't even need to check in at the reception. This hotel provides free wifi services, and it was really high speed Internet!  Although I still  need to get the password from the driver.
The room was clean with a comfortable queen bed. This motel is a self contained motel were there are very convenient if you just want to make your own meal. I like the little personal touch of this motel where they left the key inside the room with heater turned on: that made it easy for my late arrival.
I also like the air freshener in the room.
The bathroom was clean with enough amenities and a walk in shower. There are two heaters in the room, one is in the bathroom that really warmed me up after the shower. One thing I don't like about this motel was the two faucets - one hot and the other one cold : how am I supposed to get warm water?!
I do like the location of the motel  though, there is a Caltex gas station next to it where I could get my breakfast and a barista coffee!
I like this hotel and will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Airways7, Manager at Airways Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for you great and honest review

Yes I do understand that having a hot and cold valve in the bathroom sink does confuse some Northern hemisphere travelers but its vary easy to get warm water , all you do is turn the hot valve on , then turn the cold valve on to get the desired temp.

Thank you for your stay and you are very most welcome back here anytime

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I found Airways Motel in Christchurch to be very comfortable. Pick up and drop off from the airport was included in the price and laundry, sky and free wi-fi were included extras. Management were professional and went out of the way to help. Rooms were spacious and clean. I would recommend this motel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2011

From the moment we got out of the airport, we received friendly, personalized, and enthusiastic service. The Motel host even took after-hour time to show our family where to locate good vacation spots around New Zealand (he himself traveled the island for 6 months). Family run business that makes you feel at home, and is very professional. Clean suites with attention to detail. We would definitely stay there again, and would highly recommend this to families as well as individuals.

Summary:
Professional
Attention to detail
Friendly hosts
Excellent introduction to New Zealand hospitality

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was not a planned stay, our flights were delayed for over a week due to the Volcanic Ash, so we drove from Queenstown to Christchurch, to catch other flight, had to stay somewhere the night, had not booked anywhere,
Saw this nice little place, The Airways Motel. Walked in, said we were Aussies, they handed us a Beer! Nice Start.
The rooms were quiet, warm and cosy, and staff were more then happy to help us with any needs, even drive us to the airport and 5am for no charge! We did not take them up on this offer as we had a rental car, but what a great service!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family