“Great way to get where you want to go!”
Review of Akaroa Shuttle

Akaroa Shuttle
Book In Advance
More Info
$37.13*
and up
Akaroa Return Shuttle from Christchurch
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a day out to get a taste of Banks Peninsula adjacent to Christchurch city with our Akaroa Shuttle service. Leaving the city skirting around the base of the port hills, travel through leafy outlying suburbs, prime farmland and lakes Ellesmere and Forsyth. Stop at the historic railway station in Little River. Arriving in Akaroa there is plenty of time for wandering around the quaint streets, enjoying the many shops or taking a harbour cruise.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to get where you want to go!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had a great experience with the Akaroa Shuttle company. The online booking system was clear and painless, and I was contacted on my mobile about an hour prior to my scheduled pick-ups to ensure that I didn't forget (always helpful, at least for me!). The drives between Christchurch and Akaroa were breathtakingly beautiful (and as someone not used to driving on the left, definitely the way to go, those are some crazy mountain roads!) The drivers (I had a different one on the way there and the way back) were friendly and would point out aspects of the scenery that were remarkable or important. They were full of information and even shared a beautiful story or two, including the legend of the Kiwi. Professional, polite, informative, and friendly, and they got me there and back safe - what more can I ask for?!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Ruth_E_Phillippi

State College, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nice way to go to Akaroa”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Kevin drove us there and entertained us with information, great views we took photos of, and even three Maori songs. We enjoyed our ride with him! The system of reserving online in advance and paying Kevin for the round trip when he picked us up worked well, even though somebody else took us back to where we were staying in Dunedin.

Visited November 2013