We arrived after a long 24hrs of travel from the states…it took a little while for the 6 of us to check it, as there was only one woman working the desk and she was handling a customer on the phone, but once she helped us, we were checked it with tomorrow's breakfast in hand and settling into our rooms.
We stayed in the main house, which was superb. There is no elevator, so expect to lug your luggage up the stairs. Although cute and quaint on the outside, the rooms are updated and modern, with nice bathrooms and kitchenettes for cooking.
Breakfast consists of milk, cereal, bread, and condiments (butter, jam, etc). It was plenty to eat for us!
I recommend staying in the main house if possible. The rooms down near the road have one large window that faces the entry and parking area which don't offer much privacy unless you keep your blinds drawn. Otherwise, everyone can see you laying in bed!
I would definitely stay here again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Merivale Manor, Christchurch. Originally built in the 1880's, Merivale Manor comprises 10 elegant & luxurious Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites. The Manor has been completely renovated in late 2014, following repairs from superficial earthquake damage, and is in pristine condition. A further 8 spa studio units are situated in front of the Manor, with 7 chic 3bdrm townhouse apartment accommodation ideal for families and travelling executive groups directly across the road. Situated at 122 Papanui Road, Merivale, Christchurch and reasonably priced, the Manor is in a great location, close to the Merivale village with its premier shopping, restaurants, cafes and bars. We are conveniently close to St Georges & Southern Cross & Nurse Maud Hospitals, St Andrews, Rangi Ruru, St Margaret's and Selwyn House schools. A 20min wander (or a 5min drive) will get you to the city centre and a short stroll to Christchurch's beautiful Hagley Park, golf course and Christchurch Casino. Merivale Manor is within easy access by car, taxi or bus to AMI Stadium, CBS Canterbury Arena , Railway Station, Christchurch's International and domestic Airport and an ideal base for your Christchurch and Canterbury visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merivale Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merivale Manor Christchurch
- Merivale Manor Hotel Christchurch