Merivale Manor was our first stopover on our NZ holiday. We booked a spa studio (which is not in the manor itself) for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and coziness of the room. The rooms in the motel have been thoughtfully done and are equipped with modern kitchen appliances. The manor also has adequate parking space. The room service was pretty efficient and the lady at the reception was kind and helpful. She got our electric kettle replaced immediately when we informed her that it was not working properly.
What we really liked was the fact that the manor keeps a catalogue of useful tourist information and restaurant menus. The super market is a 10 minute walk from the manor.
A word of caution - Our studio was right next to the main road and we could hear the passing-by traffic inside the room. However, this is not a big problem since the roads are pretty much empty after dark.
All in all, we had a nice time at the manor which offered good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Merivale Manor, Christchurch. Originally built in the 1880's, Merivale Manor comprises 10 elegant & luxurious Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites. The Manor has been completely renovated in late 2014, following repairs from superficial earthquake damage, and is in pristine condition. A further 8 spa studio units are situated in front of the Manor, with 7 chic 3bdrm townhouse apartment accommodation ideal for families and travelling executive groups directly across the road. Situated at 122 Papanui Road, Merivale, Christchurch and reasonably priced, the Manor is in a great location, close to the Merivale village with its premier shopping, restaurants, cafes and bars. We are conveniently close to St Georges & Southern Cross & Nurse Maud Hospitals, St Andrews, Rangi Ruru, St Margaret's and Selwyn House schools. A 20min wander (or a 5min drive) will get you to the city centre and a short stroll to Christchurch's beautiful Hagley Park, golf course and Christchurch Casino. Merivale Manor is within easy access by car, taxi or bus to AMI Stadium, CBS Canterbury Arena , Railway Station, Christchurch's International and domestic Airport and an ideal base for your Christchurch and Canterbury visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merivale Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merivale Manor Christchurch
- Merivale Manor Hotel Christchurch