“Exceptional Food”

Bloody Mary's
Ranked #15 of 980 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, New Zealand, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bloody Mary's is New York steakhouse meets Kiwi hospitality for a Steakhouse experience not to be missed. Our menu features premium Canterbury Beef and Lamb and the freshest local ingredients we can get our hands on. We take some of the best ingredients from one of the purest places on earth and make them simply delicious. Our private dining spaces are perfect for that special occasion including the Whisky Library for up to 30 people and Private Dining Room for up to 50 people.
“Exceptional Food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

When trying to decided on where to take my husband for his birthday dinner it was a tough choice as we have some outstanding restaurants here in Christchurch. I had heard some great feedback on Bloody Mary's so with high expectations decided to them a go.

We were not disappointed at all. The entrees outstanding and the mains exceptional. The steak just melted in your mouth.

Luxury steakhouse albeit a little pricey but this wouldn't stop us from returning again.

• Visited March 2014
Richard_Uttley, Manager at Bloody Mary's, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for you kind words.

Were glad to hear you enjoyed your evening and hubby had a great time for his birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
“Fabulous despite mistake”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I visited to try the evening meal as we liked the look of the menu (having already visited on a Valentine Day special 5 course meal) The surroundings in the restaurant gave a great atmosphere. We were greated by Nick who said we would be served by Marissa.This was a great start and both were very pleasant. Our order was taken after being served drinks and it was great getting an ice bucket for the bottle of white wine we ordered (this does not often happen in restaurants and the wine usually turns warm). The starter of Scallops was very tasty and moreish and my wife had the slipper lobster which she enjoyed. We both ordered steaks for our main meal - medium rare. They turned up and looked good but once cut into my wifes it appeared not right - after tasting it did not taste like the right steak or medium rare. She felt awful asking for it to be taken away as it did not appear right.This was done by Marissa and then Nick came and apologised and said a new one would be cooked right away. It did not take long and the new dish was superb .The whole situation was handled well and a bonus for us was my wife was not charged for her steak. We finished with a chocolate torte and pistachio ice cream which was superb followed by a liquer coffee.
The meal as a whole was fabulous and the sevice great. We enjoyed the experience so much we decided to stay the night at the Hotel.

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to review BMs. Its good to read that even when mistakes happen that they are dealt with in a positive proffional manner. Once again, our appologises for any inconvenience caused on the evening, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
“Great Resturant”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went here as I had heard it was worth a visit and as it was our 34th Wedding Anniversary I wanted to try something different. I was very impressed. This is a new place but it has a great feeling about it. The menu although relatively expensive, was varied and the quality of the food and presentation was exceptional. They even gave my wife and I a complimentary drink because they had heard it was our anniversary.
We had the flat bread with watercress pesto and then I had the Seafood Chowder which was outstanding. I had a Chicken Dish and my wife had a steak with a béarnaise sauce ( home made and first class) from the grill menu and a pear and parmesan salad as a side dish and to finish she had the Apple doughnuts.
The portions were great and the service was very good. I will defiantly be going back and recommending this place to my friends

Hi Ken,

Congratulations on your 34th wedding anniversary, were so glad you chose Marys to enjoy your special day.
The seafood chowder is a stand out dish and will be staying on our menu for sometime to come.

look forward to seeing you for your 35th if not before.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Food was fair, service was not”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stopped for a mid-afternoon meal on a Monday. The restaurant was almost deserted, but it still took a while for our waitress to bring menus. She took our drink order, then disappeared. The bartender brought our drinks. She returned to take our meal order, but I had to familiarize her with the Monday special. After our meals were delivered, we never saw her again. Fortunately, the bartender helped us out in her absence including fixing the error on our bill (she got the price of the Monday special wrong). The food was just okay and pricey to boot. Bloody Mary's has some work to do.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gentlemanhiker
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw marys.

The service you received is not what i would expect from a member of our team. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of service, which was obviously lacking on your visit. I will be looking into personally.
Brisbane
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Fabulous food, sensational service - what more could you want !! Make sure you try a Bloody Mary and the champagne cocktails are equally as good.

Visited February 2014
Thank you for the kind words. Our champagne cocktails really are rather good, and the food is pretty aesome. Hope we see you again soon.