Lowest prices for your stay
$100
Hotels.com$100
Priceline$100
Hotel Website$105
1,484 results
All reviews bloody mary cardboard cathedral conference facilities city centre good size buffet breakfast mini bar an easy walk great stay excellent hotel hotel restaurant reception staff room was large comfortable rooms lovely room free wifi comfortable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2019

Good room and facilities with the exception of having to park on the street.
I thought that we were getting a special rate for a group booking. I talked to my manager who attended the awards and only booked a week prior to the function and received a rate of $149. At $189 the rate we paid for early booking is obviously subsidising discounts to short notice bookings in order to fill your hotel. Very disappointing given the volume of business and does not encourage me to recommend your hotel or stay again.

Room tip: No recommendations
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Latimer_Rydges, Manager at Rydges Latimer Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2019

Hi Weekbyweek

Many thanks for the feedback following your stay at Rydges Latimer. We do have a variety of rates in the market and like all businesses there are specials that are in place from time to time and we aim to be as flexible as possible with the booking process. If the rate you booked was a refundable rate this could have been adjusted prior to your arrival.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and do hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 17, 2019

Nice and central to where we had to be, great facilities, very good selection for breakfast. I was able to leave my bags at reception for pick up late afternoon which was very convenient! The staff were very friendly and helpful in all respects.

Room tip: We think you could only access your own floor with your swipe card so good security.

Hi there huntertraveller11

Thanks for the feedback and great to read that the team were able to look after you and make the stay enjoyable.

Reviewed June 15, 2019

Excellent place to stay whilst in Christchurch city.
Room was very comfortable - I was working from my laptop in the room all day and have no complaints.

Room amenities:
5. Apple docking station
6. mini-fridge
7. TV has HDMI socket
8. safe box

Bathroom toiletries all eco-friendly and free from animal testing.

Gym and self-service laundry (washer and dryer) available.
Sauna facility available in gym.
Use liquid detergents for washer. Dryer requires $2 token from reception.

Umbrella available for rent from reception (free of charge, with deposit bond until returned).

As a PGR member, our room was upgraded which is fantastic!
The only complaint I have is that we did not receive our complimentary member drink, unless this has now changed?

Hi Paavitha

Many thanks for the great review and we appreciate the feedback. Yes, you should have received a welcome drink and I am sorry that this was missed for you.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was very expensive considering the simplicity of the room. I was here as part of a conference and suspect prices were high because of that. There are equivalent, cheaper options close by. It was, however, conveniently located and the conference facilities were good.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 939PaulW939
Latimer_Rydges, Manager at Rydges Latimer Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Hi 939PaulW939

Many thanks for the feedback. Like all Hotels, prices do fluctuate based on demand. We always try to be offering a value for money option and sorry that you feel this was not the case in this instance.

Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

A nice, clean and modern hotel but with an awkward work space, positioned directly in front of the TV. My main complaint was that mattress was a bit lumpy for my taste and I didn’t sleep well. Also, the walls were thin and I could hear a neighbor’s TV. I found the towels a bit rough, not what I would expect in a hotel of this caliber. Complimentary tea and instant coffee in the room and a pay mini bar as well. This was my first experience with a business hotel in New Zealand and was disappointed to learn there was no ironing board or iron provided, but I have been told this is not a common amenity in NZ.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lori T

Hi Lori T

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the issues that you encountered and that this impacted your stay. I can advise though that there is definitely an iron and board in every room in the Hotel and is located in a small cupboard adjacent to the mini-bar.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again.