Quest Christchurch
$118
$106
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Ashford Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$79
Arena Motel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$87
$81
Agoda.com
Camelot Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
Hotel Montreal(Christchurch)
$208
$202
All reviewscathedral squaregreat locationtram stopeast wingone bedroom apartmentwashing machinecentral locationper daythese apartmentsapartment was cleanregent streetconvenience storesecure parkingwalking distanceserviced dailyafter hoursfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Got to the apartments nice staff clean room, everything was fine till I used the shower. It flooded the bathroom and I had to wait several time for the water to drain to continue my shower. When I check out the next morning advising the staff of the issue. The manager come out of the office and said she already knew about the problem and didn't offer a discount, compensation or even a sorry. Why would you rent a broken room out. The apartments were mostly empty and we could have been given a different room. I've been all round the world and never had this, even at backpackers.

Room Tip: Ask for one with no problems.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Very reasonable rates available for this ultra-central location. Recently re-opened after refurbishment following the earthquakes. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious with all amenities required. Very quiet but didn't seem to be too many people staying.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This seems to be a new place in the middle of Christchurch. Only stayed an overnight here, there's not much going on in the city with the quake rebuild ongoing. Rooms are new and clean and the staff on the front counter are very helpful and friendly. Found it difficult to find a taxi the next morning as the reception was closed, however managed to get the guy at the adjacent hotel, the Rendezvous, to call me one.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in the Quest Christchurch as we had used the one in central Rotorua and found it exceptional. The hotel is very central and has recently reopened, although decorating is still ongoing. Our room was adequate but we were disappointed with the standard of appliances and lay out. Perhaps we were expecting too much.
Check in was easy and the receptionist was pleasant and helpful.
Christchurch has a long way to go to recover from the earthquake but The Quest has missed a opportunity to it themselves at the no one spot being one of the first to open in the city.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm sorry. Quest. As a former Christchurch resident I have a lot of sympathy for anyone trying to restart a business. I had no problem with needing to access my room through the car park while the tramlines are being refurbished,for example. I'd also like to say that the rooms have been refurbished beautifully. There is an issue with being able to hear the sounds of everyone else flushing their toilets,especially since the areas so quiet. Have to give this a terrible review though, as there was a major breach of security while I was there (as a female in a rooms her own). At 7.30am on my morning of check out,as I was in the bathroom, putting on makeup, someone else used a swipe card and started to enter my room. The bathroom is right next to the door so I was able to shout 'oy - hello!' And received an 'oh, sorry' and they quickly retreated. What on earth? When I reported this to the duty manager (still shaking) I was told that only the owners and the duty manager have cards with access to all rooms. I pointed out that it wasn't her, and I could not see why the owners would have chosen to visit my room at 7.30 on a Saturday and said that it sounded like a guest who had accidentally got the wrong room. I said I would post this on trip advisor so that the hotel could post a response letting us know what action they have taken on this. Perhaps chains fitted to the doors would, at least prevent something like this happening again, although I would dearly love to know how it was possible for someone else's swipe card to open my room. Quest, I wish you well with the rebuild, and without this security issue my rating would have been a 4.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business