“"Bellissimo" in Prebbleton”

Milanese
Ranked #291 of 967 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“"Bellissimo" in Prebbleton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Milanese serves wonderful Italian fare. Three of us dined on Saturday evening, the decor is comfortable, the discreet background music makes it easy to hold a conversation. The staff were friendly and efficient, the chef's from England but cooks great Italian food! Italian wines matched the food beautifully. The bruschetta was very tasty -plenty of freshly shaved parmesan & the calamari with balsalmic reduction was the best I've tasted. Don't expect 'Kiwi' style pizza, the toppings are typically Italian -not big on quantity but full of flavour. The tiramisu could have had more coffee/sponge & less mascarpone/cream, nice to share though. Milanese in Prebbleton has plenty of on-site parking & is definately a restaurant I'll return to. Grazie Milanese.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Steph K

Christchurch, New Zealand
“enjoyable meal out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Enjoyable dinner with good service and reasonable prices. Pizzas seemed very popular and big enough for two . Personally I felt the restaurant lacked any "wow" factor to make it stand out and wouldn't suggest it for a special romantic meal out destination however in saying that I would go consider going back- but would just pick the occasion.

• Visited August 2013
Christchurch
“Christchurch's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This delightfull former Chinese restaurant has been turned a cosy Italian Restaurant.
I visit once a week to catch up with a friend. I mentioned once to Garry the chef that I like aoli with my chips. The next week he made me a special batch and even gave us some to take home. Garry thrives on feedback from his clients and goes from table to table all night to check if everything is allright. Although not Italian himself, he has a great knowledge of the food and wine.
Please don't tell too many people about this place as we can still get in without a booking.
Georgina and Piet

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Piet B
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Milanese Restaurant 3 times now. Each time I have come away pleased with the experience. The food is Italian and the menu features a great selection of pasta's, pizza's and steaks. Local and Italian wine is also available. The ambience of the restaurant is calm and intimate and most importantly the service and hospitality is of a high standard. The staff are friendly and attentive and on one occasion the chef came out to introduce himself and follow up on our thoughts regarding the food. This added a nice touch to the experience. I would happily recommend Milanese, and I will certainly be going back in the near future. 5/5.

Visited June 2013
Christchurch
“Awesome food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been here twice in close succession recently and both times the food and service was exceptional. The first time was with the family for my birthday and other than the mood lighting being a bit too dark for an old girl to be able to read the menu everything else was great. Even the teenagers had nothing to complain about. The second time was about a week later when I meet a friend there for a catch up meal. Again the service was exceptional, and the food was great. So good that we were even tempted to go for dessert - normally we just go for a starter and main. The big plus for us was that while there was music in the background it still allowed us to talk without having to shout at each other.
Great place and would recommend it for either a casual evening out or a family event. I will certainly be going back

• Visited April 2013