“Gluten free heaven”

New York Deli
Ranked #282 of 1,074 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

If like me you are gluten intolerant, then this place is for you. I went for the first time on Friday and have been back twice already. The staff were fantastic, explaining the range and my options, the sandwich was yum!!! So nice to be able to eat like 'a normal person' and have a bought sandwich. This place is my favourite new place. I'd love it if they did a loyalty card fir their sandwiches.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I like New York Deli but I believe it could be better. I'd go as far as to say it used to be better. They really skimp on the ingredients you ask for in you sandwich making it feel like you're really just eating a mouthful of bread. I buy the gluten free rolls and they're incredibly dry with no option or chance of having them toasted. They could really make this place a favourite lunch destination, but they're not quite there yet.

1  Thank KiaOraKiwi
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Incredible!!! Juicy meat on delicious breads with the perfect sauce combos... It's just the best. The only thing that lets it down is having to pay extra for salads.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is kind of like an upscale Subway - we went to the Lincoln Road one. Nicely themed in New York/Brooklyn style. We all had the hero sandwiches so while not cheap (about $10) we took half home cos they were so big. Steak in the Philly Cheese Steak was a little on the tough side but Turkish bread was brilliantly fresh. Staff were very pleasant to deal with and fast. Small gripes - they had a sign that said "hand cut chips" (as in potato crisps) which they serve in a paper cup. Always like trying hand-made and presumed on premises... but after we bought them I saw a staff member empty packets of Red Rock deli chips under the heat lamps! Ah well. $2.50 for a cup of chippies - was ok but a bit cheeky. Hate places that don't display drink prices and they didn't on our visit - it was $4.20 here for 330ml coke or L&P - sugar water can get pricey. Would go back - but just for the sandwiches and would probably split with someone else.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

If you want a mouthwatering sandwich come here. There are a variety of about 12different types you can choose from. My favourite is the New York pork with extra Mayo... Yuuum