“Real Thing”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am Korean. Americanized in most ways, my stomach has remained Korean. The Station is the real thing. My husband had the pork ribs based on recommendations from Tripadvisor reviews and I had the soft tofu stew. Both outstanding. Both the radish and cucumber kim chee were delicious, sufficiently pickled but not too sour. I hope to return before we leave NZ so I can try the hot pot that other diners seemed to be enjoying. A very satisfying and authentic meal I would recommend to others, even to my peeps.

1  Thank Julia Kim K

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is my second visit here now, and both meals have been very good and very tasty. We ordered a spicy chicken dish, with sticky ribs and a squid dish.

All the food was packed with flavour, and it came accompanied with four complementary side dishes. The service was very good and the prices are very reasonable, plus its a BYO as well.

Just a couple of negative points, the squid was slightly over cooked, therefore was a bit to chewy for us. And the area at the back where we sat, had a broken door propped up against the wall, and the screen divider near the back door had a big crack in it, making the overall appearance very tatty, This could be easily remedied and make for a much nicer restaurant to sit in, however does not reflect the food, and we look forward to going back again soon.

3  Thank Louise_H46H
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We had bibimbap (vegetable and minced beef with rice and egg), Kim Chi soup and pork ribs with sweet sauce, and it was the best meal we had while traveling the South Island. A delicious and welcome change from burgers, fish and chips, pizzas and take out food that we have been having. Would highly recommend this if you would like a refreshing change to your usual diet!

1  Thank Teoh S
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Half the price but more than twice the flavour and service of most places we have been to. This is the first Korean restaurant we have been to. We had kimchi seafood pancake for entree, one entree was easily enough for the two of us. For mains we had sweet spicy chicken and spicy seafood. Delicious strong flavours. Mains came with four side dishes between us and a bowl of rice each. The service was outstanding and time was taken to explain the meals to us. Make sure you try the ginseng wine!

1  Thank chchtravellers
Reviewed July 21, 2013

What a pleasant surprise this was, the place itself is very odd inside and it was very very cold, we moved away from the main part into the back room area, but it was still very cold. However the food was excellent, a real surprise how tasty the food was and so different to anything else we have tried before. The staff were very helpful as we were not sure what to order, but our choice was excellent. Its very good value for money and its a BYO wine so that was a bonus as well. Will return in the summer when its a bit warmer!

1  Thank Louise_H46H