“Classic restaurant!”

Dux Dine
Ranked #23 of 1,067 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dux Dine is a reflection of the past but a move into the future. A contemporary feeling, with fresh local seafood and vegetarian delights, Dux Dine has plenty to offer. Our delicious New Zealand wines and Dux craft beers are certainly a crowd pleaser. Dux Dine is situated in a historic turn-of-the-century Villa that was originally the Station Masters House for the Riccarton Railway. The villa has been extensively but sympathetically reworked to provide a variety of spaces to be enjoyed whether it be an intimate candlelit dinner for two, a large group celebration at one of the huge Kauri tables, grabbing a morning coffee at the breakfast bar, enjoyi Dux Dine has many reminiscences of the iconic Dux de Lux yet new and fresh while remaining comfortably familiar. Many of the old favourites can be seen on the menu as well as exciting fresh new foods and ideas. Dux Dine offers many setting options, from relaxing in a lounge, formal table setting to sitting in our sun drenched court yard. Whether it be a small group, special lunch or dinner, corporate event, product launch or company celebration we can cater for your needs. As a company we are passionate about supporting the local businesses around us. The seafood served in the restaurant is frequently sourced from Akaroa, Stuart Island and the West and East Coast including Southern Glory Oysters. With the ever changing environment, Dux Dine is pleased to say that we are environmentally friendly. Coffee cups, take away containers, and menus are all recycled.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I used to frequent the Dux de Lux regularly when it was at the Arts Centre. Was so sad to see the building damaged in the earthquakes, but so great that in the meantime Dux de Lux is back in the form of Dux Dine and Dux Live! I had dinner at Dux Dine with my Mum and sister on a visit to our hometown of Christchurch. It was outstanding! The restaurant is in a beautiful historic Villa that has been lovingly restored. There are a number of rooms inside and a lovely outdoor area. The service and atmosphere was great and the food was outstanding. We had Akaroa Salmon, Fish of the Day (Groper) and Quesadilla. They also provide a number of gluten free options for those who are gluten intolerant. I highly recommend!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent breakfast menu, fresh local ingredients, beautiful garden setting in a fabulous restored home. Emphasis on healthy eating. Wish we had time to return for all our meals.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love the decor and the outdoor area was just beautiful! I had the salmon which was cooked very nicely, we had dessert and breads to share to start but I wasn't really full, portion for main could have been slightly bigger for the price (I might be being a bit greedy...) Thank you for the great night out!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Christchurch has changed and without a city centre finding a nice dining experience is hard to find . If you in Christchurch and are sick of the Pub type food that is largely available you must try the Dux dine . Fantastic service , loverly food , good price , As a commercial traveler through out New
Zealand dinning many nights away from home I can honestly say that the sea food meal I had recently is as good if not better than any thing I have had in New Zealand

1  Thank CCAW
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Menu is vegetarian plus seafood,and everything I ate was delicous. Staff very friendly and offered good service.Floors wooden so can get noisy when really busy - but that just seemed to add to atmosphere.Will definitely go again.