“Yep, they were right.”

Pedro's House of Lamb
Ranked #4 of 1,019 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A tender whole lamb shoulder cooked slowly over 4-5 hours, with garlic and rosemary to bring out the delicious flavour. Served with scalloped potatoes. TAKEAWAY
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Pedro's is fantastic. I bought a $35 shoulder to celebrate finishing my masters, took in home and my girlfriend and I thought it was fantastic. At the same price for a decent pizza, its marvellous takeout, or dressed up with some vegetables and a linen tablecloth it would make a great posh dinner.

There are newer reviews for Pedro's House of Lamb

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ok this was hands down one of the best meals we have ever had in or out of a restaurant. The lamb just fell off the bone and we used a spoon, no knife required. We have traveled pretty extensively throughout Europe, South America & the USA and tried all types of food and many high-end restaurants. Pedro's lamb does not have anything to envy any of them. This meal was truly one of the hilights of our trip to New Zealand. Just wish we could live there so we could do a weekly run to Pedro's House of Lamb. This is not to be missed!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Pedro's lamb is amazing. We chose to enjoy this for our last meal in Christchurch and it was one of the best meals of out trip. It is conveniently located next too bottle O and across from the hotel we were staying at which I equally recommend (pavilions) and the customer service was just as wonderful as the flavoursome lamb potatoes! Delicious!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I am a bit surprised that a shop in a container in the parking lot of a liquor store is number 1 of 480 restaurants in all of Christchurch. It really has only 1 main item on the menu. There are many great restaurants here with great chefs and full menus. It is unfortunate that their restaurant was destroyed in the quake and they were not permitted to rebuild. My only complaint is that the foil wrapping was not enough to keep the sauce from spilling on my leg during the 1 1/2 mile walk home. It was well worth it though. The lamb was fall off the bone and delicious. Would not have found it without Trip Advisor. Highly Recommened.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Pedro's is a caravan, parked in the car park of a liquor store. I only heard of it via Trip Advisor. I phoned up to check that I could pick up my lamb and potatoes at a particular time. I ordered two portions for four people. My meal was awaiting me when I arrived, plenty of easy parking in a busy area. Hagley Park, with picnic tables near Victoria Lake is a five minute drive and a great place for a picnic. So, made up a salad, bought a bottle of Central Otago Pinot Noir and Pedro's perfect lamb shoulder and had a wonderful al fresco experience. Highly recommended.

1  Thank swiftfrank